If you experience antisocial behaviour or have problems with your neighbours we will take swift action to resolve matters as soon as possible. You can report incidents to us at any housing office, on our website or by phoning or texting us.
We will also investigate any anonymous complaints, and we will deal with all cases in a sensitive and confidential manner.
We have a team of Estate Officers and specialist Neighbourhood Relations Officers who will investigate complaints of antisocial behaviour in line with our service standards.
They will provide you with support, advice and assistance as well as taking appropriate action to resolve matters. We work in partnership with a range of other agencies such as Gateshead Council, Northumbria Police and Victim Support.
We also have access to specialist services, including mental health and alcohol support services. Our Neighbourhood Relations Officers have received specialist training to offer support to vulnerable victims, victims of domestic abuse and victims of hate incidents.
Our service standards
When you report an incident we will:
- Begin investigating your complaint within one working day for high-priority cases (for example racial harassment or domestic abuse) and within five working days for routine cases (for example neighbour disputes and noise nuisance)
- Ensure that all reports of hate crime or domestic violence are investigated further
- Ask customers who have reported an incident of antisocial behaviour how satisfied they were with the service they received
- Endeavour to resolve antisocial behaviour cases without the need for legal action.
How we measure them
- Report on whether we started to investigate your complaint within timescales
- Report on whether we investigated all hate crime or domestic violence reported to the housing company
- Report on how satisfied you were with the way your antisocial behaviour complaint was investigated
- Monitor how many antisocial behaviour cases are resolved without the need for legal action.