We are interested to hear everyone’s views and suggestions.
We want to hear from people from all areas and of all ages, ethnic origins, genders, disabilities, faiths and sexual orientations.
Support and training is available if you want it and there will always be someone available to help.
By getting involved you can:
- Influence decisions that affect you
- Make your area a better place to live
- Give us your views on the services you receive
- Be part of an interest or improvement group
- Help us to better understand the needs of people from different backgrounds
- Help us provide better quality customer-focused services
- Make a difference to housing in Gateshead
- Develop your own skills.
How much of my time will it take?
You can choose how and when to get involved and select the type of involvement that suits you best.
To give you an idea of how much time activities take, and what influence you can have, opportunities are graded from one to five:
- The more clocks there are, the more of your time they will take
- The more hearts there are, the greater the influence you can have on services.
- One clock could be a one-off session, taking up to two hours
- Five clocks could be regular involvement every month, such as every month for four to six hours
- Five hearts would indicate that you would have a lot of influence over decisions, such as becoming a Board member
- One heart would mean you would have less influence over decision-making, such as filling in a questionnaire.
It costs you nothing
Support is in place, including:
- Taxis for disabled people
- Reimbursement of transport and childcare costs*
- Support such as British Sign Language Interpreters, translation services and information in other formats.
*Childcare costs will only be reimbursed for The Gateshead Housing Company tenants.
For more information contact the Involvement Team on 0191 433 5357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org