We can provide furniture to help you to live comfortably in your home.
This can include cooker, fridge, table and chairs, settee, armchair, wardrobe, chest of drawers and beds.
To make the scheme as flexible as possible we have allocated a points value to every item of furniture/white goods.
You decide the furniture you need and add up the number of points.
The number of points will equate to an option size – there are five different option sizes and the price increases as the option size gets bigger.
What does it cost?
There are five packages available, each with a varying number of points and costs, prices correct from 17 November 2020:
|Option||Number of points||Total charge per week for a 50 week period|
Points values of furniture items
- Wardrobe – 12 points
- Chest of drawers – 9 points
- Single divan bed (add a headboard for an extra 4 points) – 14 points
- Single bedding set (one per bed) – 9 points
- Double divan bed (add a headboard for an extra 5 points) – 18 points
- Double bedding set (one per bed) – 12 points
- Bunk beds including mattresses – 28 points
- Travel cot, including mattress and bedding – 12 points.
- Two-seater brown leatherette sofa (maximum of two) – 22 points
- Easy chair in brown leatherette (maximum of two) – 14 points
- Two-seater fabric sofa (chocolate or beige) (maximum of two) – 20 points
- Easy chair in fabric chocolate or beige (maximum of two) – 14 points
- Cream rug (182cm x 265cm) – 9 points
- Dining table – 6 points
- Dining chair (each – up to four) – 2 points
- Coffee table – 4 points.
- Electric cooker – 16 points
- Fridge freezer – 18 points or under bench fridge with freezer box – 10 points
- Washing machine – 15 points
- Condenser dryer – 15 points
- Microwave – 5 points
- Kitchen pack (includes kettle, 16-piece cutlery and crockery sets, seven-piece utensil set, five-piece pan set and three tea towels) – 10 points.
- Lawnmower, strimmer, hand shears, spade, fork, RCD and extension cable – 18 points.
- Vacuum cleaner – 7 points
- Steam iron and ironing board – 6 points
- Three-piece towel set – 2 points.
Who maintains the furniture?
The furniture is provided by Newcastle Furniture Services (NFS).
If there is a fault or issues with the furniture you receive you must email the Furnished Tenancy Scheme.
We will then arrange for a replacement item if necessary.
How do I apply?
All you need to do is:
- Choose the items you need (you may be able to order more than one of some items, such as single beds)
- Add up their equivalent points
- Check which option you require.
Please note that the size of your property and the number of people in your household will be taken into account when determining which option you are eligible for.
Once the best package for you has been agreed, you will need to complete the appropriate paperwork at your housing office.