We provide a concierge or caretaker service in all multi-storey blocks to make sure residents have a friendly, safe and secure environment to live in. The Caretaker service is residential and carries out a range of tasks.
These include cleaning the communal areas to an agreed service standard, carrying out minor communal repairs and carrying out small tasks within residents homes.
Caretakers also attend accompanied viewings with the applicants and visit all new tenants once they have moved into their new home.
In sheltered schemes and some low-rise flats with communal areas, cleaning is carried out by Gateshead Council’s Building Cleaning Service. All cleaning in communal areas is carried out to an agreed standard.
Our service standards
- Ask customers if they are satisfied with the caretaking services
- Ask customers if they are satisfied with the concierge services
- Ensure communal areas are cleaned to the published standard
- Attend accompanied viewings to provide information about the caretaker service and answer questions about the block
- Visit all new tenants within an agreed timescale to provide practical information about their new home.
How we measure them
- Conduct a satisfaction survey with customers about caretaking services
- Conduct a satisfaction survey with customers about concierge services
- Check that cleaning is carried out to the published standard
- Record the number of accompanied viewings completed by caretakers
- Record the number of new-tenant visits completed by caretakers.