- Location: Gateshead Civic Centre
- Service: Business and Development
- Line Manager: Communications Lead
- Car user status: Casual
To support the effective delivery of the company’s communications strategy.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Support the Communications Lead ensuring that communications activity is co-ordinated, consistent and value for money.
- Write and upload content to the company’s website and internal intranet system.
- Create and upload content to various social media platforms and monitor and coordinate responses to customers.
- Collect and assess data and analytics across a range of digital platforms and make recommendations for improving both our public image and online presence.
- Produce content for a range of internal and external publications. This will involve conducting research, interviewing customers and employees, and writing and editing content.
- Liaise with external service providers to coordinate the delivery of communication materials.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and actions that will enhance communications.
- Engage with employees, service users and stakeholders as required.
- Carry out general administration duties including responding to enquiries, placing orders for communications materials and monitoring stock levels.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- A recognised qualification in a communications, marketing, PR, journalism or ICT/web-based subject.
- Updating websites/intranets using content management systems
- Practical experience of using and updating social media platforms
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good IT skills
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Able to work to deadlines
- Writing and adapting content for different audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace.
- A knowledge of housing services
- Producing communications material in accessible formats
- Working in a customer focused environment
- Brand management
- Using automated email campaigns (MailChimp)
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Relating and networking
Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Writing and reporting
Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
Applying expertise and technology
Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
Creating and innovating
Produces new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to problems.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Achieving personal work goals and objectives
Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.