Compliments, complaints and suggestions

by The Gateshead Housing Company & filed under Get in touch.

We need your feedback so that:

  • We can tailor services to meet your needs
  • We can learn and make improvements to services from your compliment, complaint or suggestion
  • We can recognise the good work of employees and build on good practice.

This page tells you how to:

  • Compliment an individual or team if things go particularly well
  • Complain if something has gone wrong
  • Give us your suggestions.

There are many ways in which you can give us a compliment, suggestion or complaint:


If an employee, a team or anyone who deals with you on our behalf goes the ‘extra mile’ or impresses you in a big way, please make sure you tell us.

All you need to do is let us know who was involved and what happened.

We will then make sure they find out.



  • When we get your complaint, we will try to sort it out quickly and informally by giving you information or taking any appropriate action.


  • If we cannot resolve your complaint immediately, we will send you an acknowledgement letter within three working days saying who is dealing with your complaint
  • Once we have investigated your complaint we will give you a full response within 10 working days.


  • If you are still not satisfied you can ask our Managing Director to look at your complaint again
  • Please do this within ten working days of receiving the original response
  • We will complete the review within 20 working days.

If I am not satisfied with the way you handled my complaint, is there anyone else I can contact?

The Housing Ombudsman deals with complaints about housing services, such as rent, repairs and estate management.

Once our complaints process is complete, there are two ways to contact the Housing Ombudsman.

  1. You can ask a designated person to consider referring the complaint to the Housing Ombudsman. A designated person can be an MP, a local councillor or a Tenant Panel.
  2. Wait at least eight weeks from the end of the landlord’s complaints process before complaining to the Housing Ombudsman directly.

To contact the Housing Ombudsman visit its website or call 0300 111 3000.

The Local Government Ombudsman deals with complaints about wider landlord activities, such as homelessness and the allocations policy.

To contact the Local Government Ombudsman visit its website or call 0300 061 0614.

I want to make an anonymous complaint – will you still look into it?

Yes. However, we cannot provide feedback if we do not have your contact details.

Complaint Scrutiny Panel

The panel consists of a pool of customers and officers who meet bi-monthly. Their role is to scrutinise the company’s complaints performance to ensure trends are identified and service improvements are implemented. This involves:

  • Reviewing complaint performance to make sure they are handled effectively and efficiently
  • Ensuring complaints are analysed to highlight recurring trends
  • Ensuring action is taken to improve services and satisfaction for customers.

For more information contact the Involvement Team on 0191 433 5357 or email


We welcome any suggestions you may have to help us make sure our services continually improve.

By listening to your views, we can change and improve our services.

Please read our regular customer news magazine to see how we respond to your compliments and complaints.

Complaints and Compliments Policy

Share this:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on LinkedInPrint this page