We want to deliver excellent services to all customers, whoever they are and whatever their circumstances. By getting involved you can make your area a better place to live; give us your views on the services you receive; help us to better understand the needs of people from different backgrounds; and make a difference to housing in Gateshead.
This includes if you live in council housing, have bought your flat or maisonette from Gateshead Council, live on a council estate or are affected by any of the services we provide. You can get involved in a number of ways, ranging from completing surveys, mystery shopping, focus groups, or by taking part in regular Service Improvement Groups or forums.
You can get more information about the different ways you can take part in our ‘Guide to getting involved’. As well as this, we have also developed a Customer Complaints Panel and a Tenant and Leaseholder Independent Scrutiny Management Panel (TALISMAN).
To enable customers to scrutinise services offered, the TALISMAN have the authority to make recommendations following their inspections, directly to our board members and request feedback on how progress is being made.
Customers have been involved in the procurement process of our repairs and maintenance contract, selecting the training provider for some of our customer training courses, and designing the training programme.
Playing an active role in community events throughout Gateshead gives us the opportunity to talk to people in their own environment and support community led initiatives.
We also provide a free customer training programme called Moving Forward, which offers a wide range of courses to help you develop your skills and go on to get involved. Our aim is to make sure that you receive a consistent and high level of service when getting involved.
We aim to make involvement accessible by:
- Ensuring all information is available in a range of formats
- Holding events at a variety of times and in accessible venues
- Making sure you are able to tell us your views even if you are unable to come to an office or meeting.
Our service standards
- Provide training and support to customers
- Listen to your views and take these into account when making decisions about how services are delivered
- Ensure that our involved customers represent the customer profile of our tenants and leaseholders
How we measure them
- Report tenant and leaseholder satisfaction with training and support offered
- Report biennially on how satisfied people are that their views have been taken into account
- Report on the profile of our customers against the protected characteristics.