Kevin Johnson – Head of Customer Services
Kevin has worked in a housing service since joining Gateshead Council in 1990, and was part of the team that established The Gateshead Housing Company in 2003/04.
As Head of Customer Services, Kevin has strategic responsibility for the delivery of:
- Rent and Income Services, supporting customers to prevent rent arrears, and mitigating welfare reform
- Management of the Housing Register, assessment of housing needs and housing options
- Letting of vacant properties, in line with the lettings policy
- Adaptations to properties to enable customers to sustain independent living
Kevin says about his role “Helping the people of Gateshead to find a safe, secure home, and then ensuring they can receive support to manage a tenancy or to help meet rent payments has always been a rewarding role.There can be many challenges, but we have very committed and caring employees who enjoy working with our customers”.
Kevin can be contacted at: email@example.com
Hazel Forster – Head of Neighbourhood Services
Hazel joined Gateshead Council in 1991 and was part of the team that established The Gateshead Housing Company in 2003/04.
Hazel is responsible for the delivery of:
- Tenancy and estate management services to over 19,000 properties across the borough, through four Neighbourhood Management Housing teams along with front-line cross tenure customer services
- Multi-storey services through a specialist housing team who provide services to the 25 multi-storey blocks, which includes the delivery of the Caretaker, Concierge and Handyperson services
- Older Persons services through a specialist housing team who provide services to 40 sheltered schemes, which includes management of the Sheltered Scheme Officer service and extra care scheme
- Tenancy and estate management services to other landlord properties including RSL’s and the Council’s Empty Homes programme
Hazel can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deborah Ewart – Head of Housing Support
Deborah has worked in housing in Gateshead for over 26 years. Deborah is responsible for managing and overseeing the following:
- Homeless Prevention and Advice services
- Neighbourhood Relations Team (ASB, hate crime domestic abuse)
- Housing Support services
- Syrian Refugee service
Deborah can be contacted at: email@example.com