- Job title: Electrician
- Service area: Property and Assets – Compliance, Repairs and Maintenance, and Capital Works
- Job ref: TGHC759
- Position: Compliance P470169, P470174, R&M P470602, P470601. Capital P470885, P470886, P470887, P470888
- Grade: : £27,741 – £29,577 per annum (SCP 23-25)
- Contract type: 2 x full time – 37 hours per week. Permanent
- Applicable to: External vacancy
- Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 31 January 2021
The Gateshead Housing Company is a non-profit organisation, responsible for the day-to-day management of almost 20,000 homes on behalf of Gateshead Council. We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of service and we believe that the key to achieving this is to recruit enthusiastic, talented people with the right skills, knowledge, attitude and behaviour.
In return we offer a wide range of benefits including discount travel scheme, local government pension, generous annual leave entitlement and flexible working scheme. See our benefits section for more details.
An opportunity has arisen across the Compliance, Repairs and Maintenance and Capital Works sections for the role of Electrician. You will carry out electrical repairs, maintenance, and installation work where required, inspection and testing, and issue of certification across the geographical borough of the Gateshead Council area.
We are looking for someone with wide experience in the repairs and maintenance sector and the ability to diagnose and rectify problems at the first visit, where possible.
It is essential that you are extremely solution focused, with strong customer service skills and a commitment to continued service improvements.
You must have experience of electrical policies and procedures, as well as knowledge of a variety of electrical appliances and a good working knowledge of Health and Safety (Regulations and Codes of Practice for the Working Environment) to ensure that you and others are working within a safe environment.
You must have relevant experience in the construction industry, and will hold (as a minimum) NVQ Level 3 qualification in Electrical Installation, AM2 qualification, 2391 Inspection and testing certificate, and 18th Edition.
A positive work ethic and a flexible, can-do attitude are also important.
Flexibility and willingness to carry out electrical activities when required across other areas of the business is essential, as is the need to hold a current (full) driving licence in order to drive company vehicles. If not, you must have the ability to meet the travel requirements of the post.
Where possible interviews will be facilitated via Microsoft Teams. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted to confirm the interview process.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Colin Henry, M&E Project Manager.
Benefits of working for us
We expect our employees to work in partnership with colleagues and apply their skills effectively, with commitment and enthusiasm. In return, we do our best to make sure they are happy in the work by listening to their ideas and making them feel welcome.
If successful, you can take advantage of:
- A standard working week of 37 hours
- Fair rates of pay for all colleagues (NJC job evaluation scheme)
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after five years of service (plus eight bank holidays)
- Local Government Pension Scheme (employee contribution depending on salary, with an employer contribution of 17.9%)
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Flexible working scheme
- Access to occupational health services, including physiotherapy and counselling
- A supportive working environment that promotes equality and opportunity
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
We aim to build an inclusive environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, recognising the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We’re actively building diverse teams, therefore welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups, and particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic (BME) candidates.
We consider ourselves to be a family-friendly employer and offer flexible working patterns.
We’re an accredited Disability Confident employer, committed to the fair treatment of disabled people throughout their selection and employment. We interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of the role they apply for.
We’ve also signed the Mindful Employer charter, which demonstrates our commitment to supporting the mental wellbeing of our staff, both new and existing. We do not discriminate against potential applicants who have experienced mental health issues; disclosure of a mental health issue allows us to provide support.
We hope you find out recruitment process fair, open and transparent. We look forward to receiving your application.
How to apply
- Read the job profile, ensuring you meet all the essential criteria. You must demonstrate, with examples, how you meet these requirements in order to be shortlisted
- Complete our online/printable application form, or send your CV to email@example.com
- You must also complete our online/printable confidential form for your application to be considered
- Shortlisting will be by application/CV, online assessment and interview for this vacancy
The application and confidential forms are on our external website, so employees can complete them outside of work, if they wish.
Please return applications no later than midnight on Sunday 31 January 2021 to:
Human Resources Team
The Gateshead Housing Company
For further advice, email the Human Resources Team or call 0191 433 5333.