The group is made up of representatives from our diverse customer base and is supported by the Customer Involvement Team. Its broad aim is to monitor our progress against the priorities set out in the Equality and Inclusion scheme.
- Maintain a corporate commitment to equality issues
- Work in partnership with customers and stakeholders to deliver accessible services and improve community inclusion
- Be an equal opportunities employer with a workforce that reflects the community.
The group has been involved in a wide range of projects including:
- Developing an employee Equality and Diversity in the Workplace training course
- Worked with GemArts on a Mate Crime awareness campaign
- Helped design the content and look of our Equality and Diversity Annual Report 2017/18.
The group meets once every two months at the Civic Centre in Gateshead. If you want to find out more about the group email the Customer Involvement team or call 0191 433 5357.