We can give you free advice about your current housing situation and future needs, and we can arrange the relevant support to help you keep your home. In some instances we can help you move to more suitable accommodation.
We can also help you if you are homeless or at risk of being made homeless.
Ways to contact us
- In person at Gateshead Civic Centre on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am – 4pm – Housing advice and homelessness. Wednesdays 1pm – 4pm – Emergency homeless only.
- Phone – 0191 433 3174, Monday to Friday 8.45am–5.00pm
- Emergency phone service – 0191 4770844, 6.00pm-8.00am weekdays and 24 hours on weekends
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop-in sessions with other agencies, including the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), Community Re-habituation Company (CRC), Northumbria Probation Service (NPS) and Approved Premises. Call us on 0191 433 3714 to arrange an appointment.
Documents to bring
To speed up the process please bring the following information when you come for advice or an appointment:
- Birth certificate or passport
- Photo ID card
- Proof of your income including payslips or benefit you may be receiving
- Letter from Home Office or other documents which say you are allowed to stay in the UK
- Proof that you are pregnant
- Copy of your current tenancy agreement or mortgage agreement
- Copy of any legal notices you have been served
- Copy of bank statements if you are experiencing financial difficulty
- Crime reference number if you are unable to stay in your home because of a crime.