The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May this year, and gives UK residents more control over their personal data.
Personal data means any information that can identify you. It can be in any format, including photographs and online accounts. Under GDPR this personal data must be:
- Processed lawfully and fairly
- Obtained and processed for specified and lawful purposes
- Adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date
- Stored for no longer than necessary
- Kept securely and confidentially
Sometimes we collect personal data for one company service and need to use it to give you another service. We may also use it for prevention and detection of fraud.
We will keep your personal data safe and secure. We will not share it with other organisations without your knowledge, unless we are required by law to do so.
Want to know more?
You can read our full privacy notice on our website – find the link at the bottom of every page.
Or contact the housing company’s Governance and Risk Lead on 0191 433 5308.