Location: Gateshead Civic Centre
Service: Corporate services
Line Manager: ICT Development Manager
Car User Status: Casual
In this post you will be responsible for working with the ICT Development Manager to design, develop, implement, upgrade and support the company’s use of ICT applications to ensure they meet all relevant business needs and contribute to the efficient and effective running of services to attaining the company’s key objectives.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To provide technical and operational assistance, Housing application support, usage advice and guidance to all relevant business users and other member of the Housing ICT Development Team.
- To actively support the development of the company’s ICT system capacity and capability in accordance with the company’s ICT strategy and ICT Service Plan.
- To analyse, scope, document, implement and test current and new features, reports and processes using the relevant tools and technology available and liaise with all relevant business units to develop new system functionality.
- To assist with the day to day running of all relevant ICT systems including (but not exclusively):
- Providing support for user calls, investigating and resolving issues and liasing with Gateshead Council and other contractors where required.
Designing, developing and testing reports or other methods of data summary to meet the information needs of users and management using a range of relevant business applications
Developing complex letters, forms and other outputs as required
Configuring applications as requested by system users
Carrying out testing of application functionality as required and following upgrades
Monitoring and maintaining all relevant interfaces
- To keep up to date with the latest IT developments, legislative changes and strategic business requirements in order to develop relevant systems with a commitment to service delivery, total quality management and value for money.
- To proactively support system upgrades in line with relevant deadlines and to maintain databases and information in accordance with the IT Security Policy, ensuring adherence to the Data Protection Act and information security principles.
- To liaise with all relevant contractors and ICT support personnel sharing good practice, including attending and leading forums and in accordance with the SLA with Gateshead Council.
- To attend all relevant departmental, corporate and external meetings and training.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Programming techniques
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English or relevant experience
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Achieving deadlines
- Experience of using Microsoft Office software
- Working as part of a team
- Working in a project management structure
- Business analysis of customer requirements.
- Housing management specific software, currently Northgate Housing
- Business Intelligence
- SQL Server
- Web Technologies
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Document Management Systems
- Working with a diverse range of customers
- Computer Related Further Education Qualification
- System Implementation in housing organisation
- Working with Prince2
- Full end-to-end development lifecycle including troubleshooting and bug fixing.
Competencies relating to this post
Working with people
Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Persuading and Influencing
Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself or others; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage one’s impression on others.
Applying expertise and technology
Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Learning and researching
Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making; encourages an organisational learning approach (i.e. learns from successes and failures
and seeks staff and customer feedback).
Creating and innovating
Produces new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to problems.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Adapting and responding to change
Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences