Making your own improvements

You must get permission from The Gateshead Housing Company before starting any DIY work such as:

  • Removing walls
  • Fitting a new kitchen, bathroom suite, shower, gas fire or heating
  • Painting outside your home
  • Installing extra electrical sockets or lights
  • Installing insulation.

You do this by writing to or emailing your nearest housing office with details of the improvements you wish to make.

Want to know more?