- Location: Gateshead Civic Centre
- Service: Corporate Services
- Line Manager: Senior Finance Officer
- Car user status: None
Providing clerical and administrative support to the Housing Finance Team.
In particular to:
- Assist in the maintenance, amendment and monitoring of the Rent Accounting system to ensure it is accurate and up to date
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of the direct debit scheme for rent payments, including the calculation and explanation of customers’ payments
- Assist in the reconciliation of the Housing Revenue Account, as required by Gateshead Council
- Assist in the preparation of statistical information
- Respond to enquiries from customers
- Raise invoices and process refunds for customers, as required
- Provide support to Senior Officers in relation to service delivery across the company
- Provide support and cover in relation to telephony, hospitality and post duties
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- 5 GCSEs (at least grade C) including Maths & English, or relevant experience.
- Working with the general public and committed to customer care
- Working as part of a team and using own initiative when required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective negotiation and communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Effective IT skills – including working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Equality and Diversity issues.
- Working in a large organisation
- Data input
- Preparing statistical information
Relating to customers
- Quickly builds rapport and easily establishes relationships with customer
- Relates well to different types of customer; listens and gets on with them.
- Fits in with the team
- Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues
- Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit.
- Knows where to find relevant information
- Checks facts and data
- Retrieves and absorbs information quickly.
- Identifies potential difficulties and their causes
- Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
- Provides a quality service
- Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time.
- Is reliable
- Follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures
- Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
- Puts the customer first and is eager to please them
- Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
Takes responsibility for own actions.