- Location: Gateshead Civic Centre
- Service: Corporate Services
- Line Manager: Senior Finance Officer
- Car user status: None
Providing clerical and administrative support to the Housing Finance Team.
In particular to:
- Assist in the maintenance, amendment and monitoring of the Rent Accounting system to ensure it is accurate and up to date
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of the direct debit scheme for rent payments, including the calculation and explanation of customers’ payments
- Assist in the reconciliation of the Housing Revenue Account, as required by Gateshead Council
- Assist in the preparation of statistical information
- Respond to enquiries from customers
- Raise invoices and process refunds for customers, as required
- Provide support to Senior Officers in relation to service delivery across the company
- Provide support and cover in relation to telephony, hospitality and post duties
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- 5 GCSEs (at least grade C) including Maths & English, or relevant experience.
- Working with the general public and committed to customer care
- Working as part of a team and using own initiative when required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective negotiation and communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Effective IT skills – including working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Understanding of equality and diversity legislation
- Working with a diverse range of customers
- Working in a large organisation
- Data input
- Preparing statistical information
Deciding and initiating action
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Takes initiative and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes
- Makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Working with people
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members
- Shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and
shares information and expertise with them
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Relating and networking
- Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff
- Relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts
- Uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
- Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem
- Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
- Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Learning and researching
- Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly
- Demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information
- Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making
- Encourages an organisational learning approach (i.e. learns from successes and failures
and seeks staff and customer feedback).
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals.
Following instructions and procedures
- Not challenging authority; follows procedures and policies
- Keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings
- Demonstrates commitment to the organisation
- Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.