- Location: Gateshead Civic Centre
- Service: Customers & Communities, Neighbourhood Services
- Line Manager: Older Persons Housing Manager
- Car user status: Casual
To provide administrative and clerical support to both the Older Persons Team and Neighbourhood Relations Team, ensuring efficient coordination of duties, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality service to customers, partners and stakeholders.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To provide administrative support in order that sheltered estates, properties, tenancies, rent accounts and antisocial behaviour are managed effectively and excellent customer service is provided.
- To liaise closely with other services and partners to ensure effective coordination of housing management particularly in relation to sheltered housing services.
- To assist with home visits when required, assist with correspondence and undertake customer satisfaction surveys in order to provide excellent customer service.
- To provide administration support to the team, including promotion of services available, effective communication, coordination of meetings and training.
- To deal with customer enquiries, complaints and compliments, in person, in writing and on the telephone, to a high standard, in relation to antisocial behaviour, rent, repairs, property and sheltered housing issues. Matters will be dealt with effectively to ensure that service requests and enquiries are dealt with effectively in line with the company’s service standards.
- To assist and support in the development of continuous service improvements by supporting and partaking in service improvement groups, training sessions, workshops, focus groups and other projects as required.
- Carry out clerical duties including sickness returns, post, monitoring, preparation of minutes, budget control and statistic collation.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- 5 GCSEs (at least grade C) including Maths & English, or relevant experience.
- Working with the general public and committed to customer care.
- Working as part of a team and using own initiative when required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective negotiation and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Effective IT skills – including working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Housing management
- Working in a large organisation
- Data input
- Preparing statistical information
- Experience of partnership working
Working with People
Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members;
shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and
shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Relating and Networking
Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses
humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Writing and Reporting
Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the
unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and
understanding of the intended audience.
Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further
information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational
judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an
understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Learning and Researching
Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly;
demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making; encourages an organisational learning approach (i.e. learns from successes and failures and seeks staff and customer feedback).
Planning and Organising
Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance
and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively;
monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality
and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a
systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Following Instructions and Procedures
Not challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to
schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates
commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety
requirements of the role.