- Location: Shearlegs Road Depot
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line Manager: Head of Service
Undertake administrative duties for The Gateshead Housing Company to meet the Property and Assets Construction department. To act as a central point for all administration for the department.
The key roles of this post include:
- Provide general administrative assistance to the overall service including monitoring post, filing, photocopying and ordering stationery and other relevant duties
- Accurately administer all referrals and triage to appropriate teams within the service
- Updating internal IT systems and records
- Preparation of operating manuals for construction projects.
- Act as a central point for all referrals and customer enquiries received via telephone, email, face to face and other relevant source
- Respond professionally, effectively and accurately to enquiries and complaints from customers, colleagues and partner agencies and sharing relevant information, including verbally, written and via email.
- Arranging multi-disciplinary meetings, team meetings and events including booking rooms, arranging transport and catering, accurate minute / note taking
- Undertake customer satisfaction surveys
- Process all confidential and sensitive data in line with the Data Protection Act and GDPR regulations.
- Accurately update and maintain computer records and systems used by The Gateshead Housing Company
- Ensuring that relevant technical information is shared with other internal and external stakeholders as required so that deliver of repairs and maintenance and compliance systems can be updated promptly.
- Undertake administrative duties relating to invoices
- Adhere to role related risk assessment and report any hazards and non-compliance in the work place where appropriate
- Demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues, having an awareness of the organisations appropriate resources available to enhance access to services
- Other such responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisation and prioritising skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Good ICT skills
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above (including English and Maths) or relevant experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace
- Previous experience of working within social housing environment
- Knowledge of construction business administration
- Working in a multi-agency working environment
- Health and Safety
- GDPR and Data Protection
Working with people
Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Relating and networking
Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Learning and researching
Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making; encourages an organisational learning approach (i.e. learns from successes and failures and seeks staff and customer feedback).
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Following instructions and procedures
Not challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.