Salary from £9535.85
- Location: Various
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line Manager: As allocated
- Car user status: N/A
To provide an effective service by carrying out the duties associated to the trade/specialist area being learnt, whilst completing an apprenticeship/advanced apprenticeship.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Working alongside colleagues to learn and develop your capability in your chosen trade.
- Attending all identified training activities at work and at college.
- To undertake all activities required to complete and pass the required qualification.
- Carry out tasks at height – using elevated platforms, ladders and scaffold and Confined Spaces (with appropriate training)
- Communication with managers/supervisors/Organisational Development Officer, taking responsibility for addressing any issues, concerns or difficulties as soon as they arise.
- Complying with The Gateshead Housing Company Health and Safety policy including but not limited to; working at height, use of personal protective equipment, manual handling and lifting, COSHH and fire prevention.
- Maintaining your work uniform and trade tools supplied by the company.
- To obtain a full Category B Driving Licence by the end of the apprenticeship programme to enhance future employability (undertaken at apprentices’ own expense).
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- 5 GCSEs at grade A* to C (Grade 4-9) or equivalent including English and mathematics.
- Of the appropriate trade/specialist area
Competencies relating to the post
Organises own time effectively and creates own work schedules. Prioritises and prepares in advance. Sets realistic timescales.
Takes responsibility for own actions.
Puts the customer first and is eager to please them. Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
Fits in with the team. Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues. Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit.
Speaks confidently and fluently. Talks at a suitable pace and level. Holds others’ attention when speaking.
Communicating in writing
Writes fluently, clearly and concisely. Adapts own written communication style to suit others.