- Salary: £16112.20
- Location: Various
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line Manager: As allocated
- Car user status: N/A
To undertake joinery work covering repairs, refurbishment and upgrades to a range of housing and other Council properties whilst working towards Level 3 Apprenticeship in Joinery.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Working alongside colleagues and a willingness to learn
- Attending all identified training activities at work and at college
- Complete and pass the required qualification.
- Carry out tasks at Height – using Elevated Platforms, Ladders and Scaffold and Confined Spaces (with appropriate training)
- Communication with managers/supervisors/Organisational Development Officer, taking responsibility for addressing any issues, concerns or difficulties as soon as they arise
- Complying with The Gateshead Housing Company Health and Safety policy including but not limited to; working at height, use of personal protective equipment, manual handling and lifting, COSHH and fire prevention
- It is expected that all apprentices, by the end of their apprenticeship will have obtained a full Category B Driving Licence at their own expense or have access to mobility support
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- The post holder may be required to perform duties, appropriate to the post, other than those given in the job specification.
- Level 2 in Joinery (or equivalent).
- Experience in joinery work
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and regulations
- Commitment to working with a diverse range of customers
- Commitment to work at height, on scaffold and in confined spaces
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- Knowledge of the construction industry.
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent recognised City and Guilds craft certificate
- Valid driving license or commitment to acquire during Apprenticeship
- Willingness to undertake any additional corporate or trade training as required.
- Working with a diverse range of customers.
Competencies relating to the post
Speaks confidently and fluently. Talks at a suitable pace and level. Holds others’ attention when speaking.
Identifies potential difficulties and their causes. Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
Knows where to find relevant information. Checks facts and data. Retrieves and absorbs information quickly.
Has background knowledge and a thorough grasp of products and services. Has
expertise in own area
Is reliable; follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures. Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
Provides a quality service. Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time.
Puts the customer first and is eager to please them. Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks. Keeps difficulties in perspective.