- Location: Shearlegs Road
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line manager: Compliance Manager
- Car user status: Casual
The key roles of this post will include:
- To be fully conversant with Health and Safety procedures relating to Asbestos. To understand and interpret legislative changes and assess the impact to the company and implement changes to ensure compliance.
- To demonstrate a strong technical understanding and practical application of Asbestos compliance regulations and guidance. To support the service in the management and interpretation of site specific management surveys.
- To assist managers with the production of service specific asbestos risk assessments and method statements.
- To regularly review asbestos related information including data management systems, operating procedures and relevant Quality Management Systems.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination of asbestos data for the company including working alongside the Asset Management Team to ensure efficient updating of the asbestos register.
- Assist in the development of the company’s asbestos register and ensure full compliance with legislation including Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR). To prioritise and progress remedial actions from management surveys.
- To contribute to the reviewing and updating of the company’s Asbestos Management Plan by liaising with colleagues from across the company. To ensure that the current version of site specific Asbestos Management Plans are available onsite. To work alongside the Corporate Compliance Team and produce reports as necessary.
- To produce management reports and present information to Head of Service relating to asbestos to be used within corporate reports. To effectively communicate with internal / external clients both verbally and in writing.
- To monitor procurement frameworks and practices to drive value for money in respect of our contractual relationships. This includes budget monitoring information relating to the management of asbestos.
- To conduct compliance checks to ensure that Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to and embedded to deliver effective and safe services and operations. To identify service improvements and contribute to the development of operating procedures.
- Experience and knowledge of transforming business processes to improve business performance based on intelligence led data and strong project management skills.
- Ensure a co-ordinated asbestos survey strategy across the company and conduct quality checks including data sampling as per terms of the asbestos framework.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Delivery of Asbestos Compliance Management
- Budget Monitoring
- Project Management
- Delivery of asbestos management within a similar organisation
- Competent user of MS Office
- P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent
- Driving Licence
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in asbestos management
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR)
- Health and Safety Risk Management and Procedures
- Working within a commercial environment
- Quality Management Systems
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- Demonstrable commitment to continuing professional development in relevant fields
- Northgate system
- In developing ICT systems
- P402 Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings
- P403 Asbestos Fibre Counting
Deciding and Initiating Action
Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Adhering to Principles and Values
Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Relating and Networking
Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Writing and Reporting
Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
Learning and Researching
Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making; encourages an organisational learning approach (i.e. learns from successes and failures and seeks staff and customer feedback).
Planning and Organising
Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Adapting and Responding to change
Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the organisation; maintains awareness of developments in the organisational structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.