- Location: Shearlegs Road
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line manager: Asbestos Coordinator
- Car user status: Casual
The key responsibilities:
- To ensure conduct and behaviour demonstrates a commitment to the core company values and promotes cross service working to achieve an excellent customer service and outcomes.
- To be proactive in all aspects of health & safety management to comply with current legislation, including CDM Regulations, promote a culture of good health and safety practice within the working environment, ensuring personal responsibilities to yourself and others are discharged in line with company policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse, and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- To effectively support the Asbestos Coordinator in the delivery of asbestos compliance to appropriate specifications across the business
- To assist in the collection, distribution and filing of controlled documents and certification, updating corporate IT systems and databases as appropriate.
- Assist in the production of statistical reporting including the evaluation and interpretation of asbestos data to make informed decisions
- To monitor and manage employee / contractor performance and attend meetings (eg site and evaluations meetings)
- To assist in the process, management and preparation of programmes for asbestos activities including asbestos surveys and removal requests to ensure works are delivered on time, within specification and budget, to the required standards to achieve targets and KPIs.
- To utilise corporate document management tools and systems to ensure documentation is accessible and provides the required evidence for compliance activity across service areas
- To assist in the development and enhancement of business processes for the control and movement of asbestos information through the organisation
- To monitor expenditure to help assist in making value for money decisions
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post
- Working within a compliance environment
- Using compliance software packages
- Producing accurate and reliable information
- Managing / instructing employees / contractors
- Applying technical knowledge to provide solutions
- Relevant legislation and industry guidance
- IT literate
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Using effective negotiation skills to achieve deadlines
- BOHS Proficiency modules P405 (or a willingness to undertake)
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C, including Maths and English, or relevant experience
- Full driving licence
- Construction styles
- Usage of asbestos in buildings
- The principles of asbestos management, including survey types, and removal works
- Health & Safety regulations, including CAR 2012
- Time management processes
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in the work context
- Contract Management
- Evaluating RAMS
- Using Keystone and Northgate software packages
- NEBOSH General certificate
- BOHS Proficiency modules P401/2/3/4
- BOHS Certificate of Competence (Asbestos)
- Willingness to work towards other asbestos-related qualifications as necessary
- Financial control
- Contract administration
- Document management
- Local Government policies & procedures
- Project management
- Programming – sequence and critical path activities
- Working with a diverse range of customers
- A history of asbestos management
- Health and Safety practices
|Deciding and Initiating Action
Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and
works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces
changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include
tough choices or considered risks.
|Working with People
Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members;
shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and
shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles
conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
|Writing and Reporting
Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the
unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well structured
and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and
understanding of the intended audience.
|Planning and Organising
Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance
and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and
organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively;
monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality
and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a
systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Following Instructions and Procedures
Not challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to
schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates
commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety
requirements of the role.
|Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised
environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations;
handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life
and a personal life.
|Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts
in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased
responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes
use of developmental or training opportunities.