- Location: Shearlegs Road Depot
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line Manager: Section Manager
The operational project management of construction projects for housing and non-housing capital investment works.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To effectively co-ordinate and supervise M&E teams engaged in the delivery of construction projects.
- To monitor and manage employee performance and other related issues within all appropriate HR guidance / legislation.
- To monitor and manage subcontractor performance and other related issues within all appropriate contract guidelines.
- To ensure performance management, KPI and targets are monitored and delivered within budget and / or with efficiencies.
- To accurately record investment activities to properties updating ICT systems to aid with future asset management.
- To prepare programs for M&E projects.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate specifications and codes of practice.
- To deliver quality services with an appropriate framework (e.g. Best Value, Q.A.).
- To be pro-active in all aspects of safety management to comply with current legislation (including tests such as material sampling).
- Ensure all programs are delivered on time, to agreed quality standards and on budget.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of all operations and activities such as rewires, boiler schemes, testing schemes and externally funded schemes.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Principles of Electrical/Mechanical background with either relevant on-site managerial or technical work experience
- Reading and understanding construction drawings and specifications
- Health & Safety regulations, inc CDM Regs
- Budget and financial planning
- Managing employees on-site
- Project management
- IT literate
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
- HNC/D or equivalent qualification in a building services and/or extensive Mechanical and Electrical operational experience at a similar level or position
- SMSTS or equivalent
- ECS card
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace
- Relevant professional/managerial qualification
- Scaffold Inspection
- Temporary works co-ordination
- Design & Build
- Collaborative/partnership working
- Use of AutoCAD
- Use of Microsoft Project
- Working with a diverse range of customers
Competencies relating to this post
Deciding and initiating action
Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Working with people
Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Writing and reporting
Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
Planning and organising
Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Following instructions and procedures
Not challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
Coping with pressures and setbacks
Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.
Achieving personal work goals and objectives
Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.