- Location: Gateshead Civic Centre
- Service: Lettings
- Line Manager: Health and Housing Team Leader
- Car User Status: Casual
To ensure the accurate registration and updating of housing applications; providing administrative support to the Lettings team to enable the effective allocation and marketing of properties.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Registering new housing and medical applications and reviewing application details; assisting in the update of existing applications where there is a change in the applicant’s details to ensure customers can be offered appropriate properties in accordance with lettings policy.
- Administration of references, verification and pre-offer checks, including liaison with the neighbourhood relations team on vetting of applications, to ensure that applicants meet the relevant lettings criteria.
- Providing excellent customer service and effective liaison with customers to ensure they receive high quality advice and assistance on their housing options, including office interviews and home visits if necessary.
- Assisting in the monitoring and management of the furniture leasing scheme and furnished tenancies to ensure a high standard of customer service is provided.
- Awareness of the diverse needs of customers and ability to use aids and resources available to ensure equality in services provided.
- Updating Northgate, Abritas and any other systems as appropriate.
- Taking customer enquiries and complaints in person and on the telephone in line with the Company standards of service. Effective liaison with other sections and departments to resolve as necessary.
- Assisting with correspondence on Lettings matters in order to provide excellent customer service.
- To assist in the development of continuous improvement in services provided by partaking in training sessions, workshops, focus groups and other projects as required.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Effective communication
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Dealing with enquiries in a professional, caring and helpful manner
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above
- Office based software packages
- Understanding of equality and diversity legislation
- Data input
- Administration within a customer orientated environment
- Team work
- Full UK driving license
- Choice based lettings
- Working with a diverse range of customers
Working with people
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members
- Shows empathy
- Listens, supports and cares for others
- Consults others and shares information and expertise with them
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict
- Adapts to the team and fits in well.
Relating and networking
- Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts
- Uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
- Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem
- Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
- Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Learning and researching
- Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly
- Demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information
- Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making
- Encourages an organisational learning approach (i.e. learns from successes and failures
and seeks staff and customer feedback).
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals
Following instructions and procedures
- Not challenging authority
- Follows procedures and policies
- Keeps to schedules
- Arrives punctually for work and meetings
- Demonstrates commitment to the organisation
- Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role
Adapting and responding to change
- Adapts to changing circumstances
- Tolerates ambiguity
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Shows an interest in new experiences.
Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Maintains a positive outlook at work
- Works productively in a pressurised environment
- Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations
- Handles criticism well and learns from it
- Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.