|Location: Eslington Court|
|Service: Customers and Communities|
|Line Manager: Concierge Supervisor|
|Car User Status: N/A|
Control of access to assigned multi storey blocks. To provide a service to tenants, visitors and ensure the security and safety of the building.
The key responsibilities of this post will include:
- Working in the concierge suite to monitor activities at access points, communal and external areas through the use of closed circuit television. Reporting and recording all incidents, emergencies, or acts of vandalism, ensuring all appropriate services are notified as and when required
- Control and observe tenant and visitor access to and from the housing development and communal lounge.
- Contact tenants through installed facilities in order to provide a communication link between tenants and visitors.
- Collate reports and forward to the Local Housing Office. Report repairs, maintenance and cleaning required to communal and external areas to appropriate services.
- Check the functionality of alarm systems and CCTV equipment on a pre-determined basis.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- 5 GCSEs including Maths & English at grade C or above or relevant experience
- Delivering good customer service
- Working unsupervised when required
- Using own initiative
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace
Desirable skills and knowledge
- Liaising with other functions of the council and external agencies
- Office based software packages
- CCTV operation
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
Competencies relating to this post
Relating to customers
- Quickly builds rapport and easily establishes relationships with customers
- Relates well to different types of customer; listens and gets on with them
- Speaks confidently and fluently
- Talks at a suitable pace and level
- Holds others’ attention when speaking
- Fits in with the team
- Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues
- Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit
- Identifies potential difficulties and their causes
- Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements
- Is reliable
- Follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures
- Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion
- Puts the customer first and is eager to please them
- Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests
- Takes responsibility for own actions