|Location: Various in Gateshead|
|Service: Customers and Communities|
|Line Manager: Senior Housing and Support Outreach Worker|
|Car User Status: N/A|
The purpose of the post is to provide concierge cover between the hours of 17:00 and 07:00 Monday to Friday and weekend cover with sleep ins as specified by the Senior Housing and Support Outreach Worker for small blocks of flats occupied by people with a mild/moderate learning disability. To maintain the building as a safe and secure environment and to act as a point of contact for tenants.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To provide overnight sleep in cover as required by the service, maintaining the safety and security of the building.
- To supervise tenant and visitor access to and from the building.
- To ensure the security of the building by monitoring CCTV and patrolling at regular intervals.
- To carry out cleaning duties in the office and communal areas and assist with refuse collection.
- To identify defects in relation to weekly/monthly building checks and report these promptly.
- Report out of hours emergency maintenance defects to ‘repairs hotline’.
- To maintain full and accurate log of events during the shift. Complete verbal/written handovers.
- To act as first point of contact in an emergency situation within the service and take appropriate action i.e. contacting the emergency services and informing relevant professionals.
- To participate in ensuring compliance with The Gateshead Housing Company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
- To communicate effectively with tenants and professionals.
- To undertake appropriate training to meet the identified needs of the service as agreed with the line manager.
- To operate within clear professional boundaries and within The Gateshead Housing Company’s code of conduct.
- To act as a point of contact for tenants.
- To work flexibly on a rota, including weekends and public holidays.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as directed by the line manager.
- Delivering good customer service
- Working alone with minimal supervision and use own initiative
- Maintaining accurate records/logs
- Effective communication skills
- Basic understanding of safeguarding
- Liaising with internal and external agencies
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
- GCSE Maths & English at grade C or above or relevant experience
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace.
- Working with vulnerable people
- Office based software packages
- CCTV operation
Competencies relating to this post
Relating to customers
- Quickly builds rapport and easily establishes relationships with customers
- Relates well to different types of customer; listens and gets on with them
- Speaks confidently and fluently
- Talks at a suitable pace and level
- Holds others’ attention when speaking
- Fits in with the team
- Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues
- Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit
- Identifies potential difficulties and their causes
- Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements
- Is reliable
- Follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures
- Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion
- Puts the customer first and is eager to please them
- Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests
- Takes responsibility for own actions