- Location: As directed
- Service: Customers Services – Repairs Reporting
- Line Manager: HomeRepairs Team Leader
- Car user status: N/A.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Receive and respond to repair queries including first-time repair reporting and any queries that can be answered at the first point of contact, via telephone, email, service requests and any other source.
- Arrange appointments and answer queries regarding progress of scheduled repairs and maintenance jobs and other general Housing Management calls received via the repair line.
- Receive and process Step 1 complaints and compliments about repairs and other general matters.
- Use all appropriate IT and telecommunications software to carry out allocated tasks in the most efficient manner and to maximise service delivery.
- Carry out a range of related administrative support tasks.
- To be proactive in all aspects of safety management to comply with current legislation.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above (including Maths and English) or relevant experience.
- Microsoft Office
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace.
- Working on your own initiative in resolving service related problems
- Dealing with callers in a professional, caring and helpful manner
- Using varied computer software systems
- Effective communication skills and the ability to deal with other professionals/customers over the telephone.
- Housing repairs service or the construction industry
- Using Northgate computer system
- Experience in a call centre/customer service environment.
- Working with a diverse range of customers
Competencies relating to the post
Relating to customers
Quickly builds rapport and easily establishes relationships with customers. Relates well to different types of customer; listens and gets on with them.
Gets results and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Sets and exceeds challenging personal targets.
Identifies potential difficulties and their causes. Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
Provides a quality service. Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time.
Organises own time effectively and creates own work schedules. Prioritises and prepares in advance. Sets realistic timescales.
Puts the customer first and is eager to please them. Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks. Keeps difficulties in perspective.
Speaks confidently and fluently. Talks at a suitable pace and level. Holds others’ attention when speaking.