- Location: Housing Offices
- Service: Customers & Communities, Neighbourhood Services
- Line Manager: Housing Manager
- Car User Status: Casual
To lead and supervise a team of Neighbourhood Service Advisors to provide excellent customer service.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Manage and develop a team of Neighbourhood Service Advisors to provide administrative and clerical support to ensure that estate issues, tenancy matters and rent account enquiries are dealt with effectively and that excellent customer service is provided
- To manage and maintain a high standard of customer service within your team to ensure that services to customers are both efficient and effective.
- To supervise computer and cash receipting facilities efficiently and effectively in order to ensure that financial regulations are observed and monies balance at the end of each working period
- To ensure that the team contributes to company objectives including the effective management of empty properties in order that void loss is minimised
- To carry out office interviews and correspond on tenancy matters in order to provide excellent customer service
- To ensure that team members deal with service requests and complaints including reports of anti-social behaviour to a high standard
- To assist in the development of continuous improvement in customer service through involvement in training sessions, workshops, focus groups and other projects as required
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- Office based software packages.
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- Interviewing and communicating effectively
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Responding positively to complaints and service requests in a customer service environment
- Managing a varied workload within timescales
- Addressing the needs of a range of customer groups.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C (including Maths and English) or above (or relevant experience)
- Current housing and social care issues
- Cash handling
- Working with a diverse range of customers
- Working effectively with a range of service areas and external agencies.
- An ability to lead a team.
Deciding and initiating action
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Takes initiative and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes
- Makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Leading and supervising
- Provides others with a clear direction
- Motivates and empowers others
- Recruits staff of a high calibre
- Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching
- Sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
Working with people
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members
- Shows empathy
- Listens, supports and cares for others
- Consults others and shares information and expertise with them
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict
- Adapts to the team and fits in well.
Adhering to principles and values
- Upholds ethics and values
- Demonstrates integrity
- Promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams
- Encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Relating and networking
- Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts
- Uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Planning and organising
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Manages time effectively
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals.