Grade H (subject to job evaluation)
- Location: Shearlegs Road
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line Manager: Quality Manager
- Car user status: Casual
To assist in planning, developing, implementing and maintaining the service’s data and information systems. To undertake data analysis to support the delivery of excellent services and ensure effective use of resources. To work across Property and Assets to review performance data and identify service improvement actions.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To produce and maintain a range of performance reports to facilitate the successful delivery of the service. This will include performance indicators, management information queries and exception reporting.
- To liaise with Service Managers to develop performance indicators to monitor service delivery, compliance obligations and progress towards service and corporate plans. To present performance data in different formats to suit the needs of stakeholders.
- To utilise data reporting tools including Business Objects, SQL and Power BI to design, develop and test performance reports from IT systems including Northgate Housing System and Agresso. To apply statistical techniques to create and maintain performance reports, dashboards and data visualisations.
- To use statistical techniques to organise and interpret complex data sets to identify trends and facilitate service improvements and efficiencies.
- To ensure the accuracy and validation of performance data via quality control checks to review and monitor information outputs and identify any anomalies prior to circulating performance reports.
- To maintain data reports in accordance with the company’s ICT Security Policy and ensure adherence to the Data Protection Act and Information Security Principles.
- To liaise with relevant colleagues to analyse and improve business processes and share good practice with regards to data quality and analysis.
- To support the Quality Manager in a range of assigned projects, data reporting and analysis to meet the company’s information needs.
- To actively support the development of the company’s ICT system capacity and capability.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- IT report writing (data and performance)
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Use of data extraction tools e.g Business Objects or SQL
- Presentation of data analysis including performance dashboards and data visualisations
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to undertake multiple complex tasks under pressure
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- 5 GCSEs at C or above to include Maths and English Language or significant relevant experience
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- IT literate with all Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to problem-solve
- Knowledge of databases
- Previous experience within Housing or Construction sectors
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace.
- Northgate Housing system
- Agresso financial system
- Benchmarking performance data
- Development of key performance indicators
- IT related further education qualification
Skills and knowledge:
- Document management systems
Competencies relating to this post
Deciding and initiating action
Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Working with people
Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Writing and reporting
Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
Applying expertise and technology
Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Creating and innovating
Produces new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to problems.
Adapting and responding to change
Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the organisation; maintains awareness of developments in the organisational structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.