- Location: Shearlegs Road or site based
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line manager: Site Manager (Electrical)
- Car user status: Casual
To undertake electrical work covering installations, repairs, refurbishment and upgrades to a range of housing and other Council properties.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To ensure conduct and behaviour demonstrates a commitment to the core company values and promotes cross service working to achieve excellent customer service and outcomes.
- To be proactive in all aspects of health & safety management to comply with current legislation, including CDM Regulations, promote a culture of good health and safety practice within the working environment, ensuring personal responsibilities to yourself and others are discharged in line with company policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- To actively participate in the evaluation, development and continuous improvement of the service. Keeping up to date with policies and procedures and participating in meetings and training as necessary.
- To work as part of a team collaborating and sharing knowledge openly to enhance service delivery, ensuring both individual and team objectives are met
- To work individually or as part of a team to undertake high quality electrical installations and repairs to housing properties, public buildings and schools
- To undertake refurbishment works in association with other trades
- To liaise with customers and subcontractors to provide a responsive service to our customers
- To undertake a continual program of risk assessment in relation to your role
- To utilise both electronic and paper based systems to accurately record use of labour and materials against each job
- To travel efficiently and effectively between various works locations within the borough of Gateshead to meet the operational requirements of the service
- The post holder may be required to perform duties, appropriate to the post, other than those given in the job specification.
- Time served tradesperson (electrician). Qualified to 18th Edition
- Experience of Testing & Inspection
- Experience in social housing and commercial premises
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures, asbestos, work at height and manual handling.
- The ability to fault find within a number of various properties and installations
- Ability to work on your own initiative under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Working knowledge of IEE regulations
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent recognised City and Guilds craft certificate (electrical)
- AM 2 qualification or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence (or ability to meet the transport requirements of the role)
- 2391 Inspection & testing
- To be innovative and forward thinking
- Solar power or renewable qualifications
- Fire alarm qualifications
- PASMA or IPAF trained
- Asbestos awareness certification
- Working at height certification
- Manual handling certification
- Experience of working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Customer care training
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Team working
Speaks confidently and fluently. Talks at a suitable pace and level. Holds others’ attention when speaking.
Identifies potential difficulties and their causes. Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
Knows where to find relevant information. Checks facts and data. Retrieves and absorbs information quickly.
Has background knowledge and a thorough grasp of products and services. Has expertise in own area.
Is reliable; follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures. Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
Provides a quality service. Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time.
Puts the customer first and is eager to please them. Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks. Keeps difficulties in perspective.