Grade – SCP 29-31
- Location: Shearlegs Road or site based
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line manager: Line Supervisor
- Car user status: Not applicable
To undertake electrical work covering installations, repairs, refurbishment and upgrades to a range of housing and other Council properties.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To work individually or as part of a team to undertake high quality electrical installations and repairs to housing properties.
- To work individually or as part of a team to undertake high quality installation and repairs to other Council properties including schools and offices.
- To undertake refurbishment works in association with other trades.
- To liaise with customers and sub–contractors to provide a responsive service to our customers.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- To undertake a continual program of Risk Assessment in relation to your role
- Utilise both electronic and paper based systems to accurately record use of labour and materials against each job.
- Travel efficiently and effectively between various works locations within the borough of Gateshead to meet the operational requirements of the Service.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties, appropriate to the post, other than those given in the job specification.
- Time served tradesperson (electrician). Qualified to 18th Edition
- Testing & Inspection
- Experience in social housing and commercial premises
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures, asbestos, work at height and manual handling.
- The ability to fault find within a number of various properties and installations
- Work with their own initiative under pressure situations
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Working knowledge of IEE regulations
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent recognised City and Guilds craft certificate (electrical)
- AM 2 qualification or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence
- 2391 Inspection & testing
- To be innovative and forward thinking
- Solar power or renewable qualifications
- Fire alarm qualifications
- PASMA or IPAF trained
- Asbestos Awareness
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Working with a diverse range of customers
Speaks confidently and fluently. Talks at a suitable pace and level. Holds others’ attention when speaking.
Identifies potential difficulties and their causes. Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
Knows where to find relevant information. Checks facts and data. Retrieves and absorbs information quickly.
Has background knowledge and a thorough grasp of products and services. Has expertise in own area.
Is reliable; follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures. Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
Provides a quality service. Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time.
Puts the customer first and is eager to please them. Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks. Keeps difficulties in perspective.