- Location: Shearlegs Road
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line Manager: Gas Manager
- Car user status: Casual
To carry out gas servicing and/or gas repairs on a day to day basis in line with the gas servicing programme.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To work individually or as part of a team undertaking high quality gas servicing and gas repairs to housing properties.
- To comply with gas safety standards and company standards of work performance, ensuring implementation and compliance within gas policies and procedures.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To undertake a continual programme of Risk Assessment in relation to your role.
- Attend training as and when required to continue your development in the role and comply with changes within the gas industry.
- Attend Team Briefs, Toolbox Talks and Technical Bulletins on a monthly basis or as and when required.
- Utilise both electronic and paper based systems to accurately record gas documentation including the use of labour and materials against each job.
- Travel efficiently and effectively between various locations within the borough of Gateshead to meet the operational requirements of the service and as requested.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- To mentor apprentices as and when required.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties, appropriate to the post, other than those given in the job specification.
- Time served tradesperson (Gas Engineer) who is currently carrying out gas work
- Relevant Gas/Plumbing legislation and regulations, e.g. Unsafe Situations Procedure
- Experience in all aspects of gas and plumbing work
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and regulations
- Experience of and able to work at height and in confined spaces
- Gas Servicing to a variety of domestic gas appliances and central heating systems
- Diagnosis and Fault Finding to various domestic gas appliances
- Completion of appropriate gas certification
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent recognised City and Guilds craft certificate (Gas and Plumbing) or NVQ3 in Domestic Natural Gas Installation and Maintenance
- Current ACS accreditation in CCN1 and all elements including CENWAT1, CKR1, HTR1, DAH1, CPA1, MET1, CMDDA1
- Full UK Driving License
- Evidence of continual professional development and a willingness to undertake any additional corporate or trade training as required
- Evidence of Manufacturer Training
Knowledge and skills:
- Using mobile devices in the workplace and use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Various domestic gas appliances and heating systems
- Effective time management skills
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Renewable energy technologies including Solar PV, Air/Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Solid Fuel appliances and repairs
- Warm Air appliances
- Electrical Testing/Live, Dead Testing, Safe Isolation
- Tenancy and Housing Repairs legislation, including working with leaseholders
- Working to deadlines
- Construction Industry experience
- CSCS Health and Safety card
- Asbestos Awareness Certification
- Working at Height Certification
- Manual Handling Certification
- Customer Care Training
Knowledge and skills:
- The Gateshead Housing Company
- Working with a diverse range of customers
- Excellent organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Team working
Speaks confidently and fluently. Talks at a suitable pace and level. Holds others’ attention when speaking.
Identifies potential difficulties and their causes. Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
Knows where to find relevant information. Checks facts and data. Retrieves and absorbs information quickly.
Has background knowledge and a thorough grasp of products and services. Has
expertise in own area
Is reliable; follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures. Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
Provides a quality service. Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time.
Puts the customer first and is eager to please them. Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks. Keeps difficulties in perspective.