- Location: Shearlegs Road
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line manager: Gas Compliance, Service Manager
- Car user status: Casual
To supervise and manage on a day to day basis the gas servicing programme. Responsible for the gas repairs and gas installation supervisors, gas servicing scheduler, operatives and subcontractors.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To work as part of a team undertaking high quality gas compliance, gas servicing, gas repairs and gas installations to housing properties.
- To monitor and control work within the gas servicing, gas repairs and gas installation works programmes, ensuring implementation and compliance within gas policies and procedures.
- To manage and monitor operatives and subcontractors, ensuring that they comply with company standards of work performance, KPIs, customer service and operating procedures and various work programmes.
- Managing performance including mentoring of staff and operatives, promoting development of team by compiling training and development plans to manage corporate risk and support all HR functions within appropriate HR guidance/legislation.
- Responsibility for ensuring Health and Safety compliance with the relevant regulations in relation to servicing, repairs, maintenance and installations.
- To investigate, or where appropriate, assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of incidents in relation to gas installations and take the necessary steps to prevent any reoccurrence.
- Provide support to the gas schedulers as and when required.
- Present Team Briefs, Toolbox Talks and Technical Bulletins on a monthly basis or as and when required.
- Ensuring you and your team are aware of TGHC’s Equality and Diversity policies and to demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Relevant Gas/Plumbing legislation and regulations
- Diagnosis of repairs to various gas appliances
- Health and safety regulations, established safe systems of work and policies, practices and procedures.
- NVQ level 3 in Plumbing and Heating or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Current ACS accreditation including CCN1
- Manufacturer training
- Full UK driving licence
Knowledge and skills:
- Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Knowledge of the Construction Industry
- Various Gas Appliances
- Effective employee and team management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Organising and prioritising your own workload and dealing calmly with difficult situations and making decisions under pressure
- Understanding of equality and diversity legislation
- Effective Time Management Skills
- Understanding of equality and diversity legislation
- Development of performance indicators for responsive repair work
- Using Microsoft Office IT packages
- Preparing timely and accurate reports on performance activity
- Northgate Computer System
- Kirona Dynamic Resource Scheduling System
- Construction Industry experience
- NVQ Level 4 (Management of Gas Safety in Social Housing)
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- CSCS Health and Safety card
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Renewable energy technologies including Solar PV, Air/Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Solid Fuel Appliances and Repairs
- Tenancy and Housing Repairs legislation, including working with leaseholders
- Working with a diverse range of customers
Leading and supervising
- Provides others with a clear direction
- Motivates and empowers others
- Recruits staff of a high calibre
- Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching
- Sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
Working with people
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members
- Shows empathy
- Listens, supports and cares for others
- Consults others and shares information and expertise with them
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict
- Adapts to the team and fits in well.
Presenting and communicating information
- Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly
- Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence
- Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback
- Projects credibility.
Applying expertise and technology
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives
- Develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development
- Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
Learning and researching
- Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly
- Demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information
- Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making
- Encourages an organisational learning approach (i.e. learns from successes and failures
and seeks staff and customer feedback).
Planning and organising
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Manages time effectively
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals
Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Maintains a positive outlook at work
- Works productively in a pressurised environment
- Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations
- Handles criticism well and learns from it
- Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.