Grade – £25,951 – £27,668 per annum (SCP 29-31)
- Location: Shearlegs Road and site based
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line manager: Manager
- Car user status: Not applicable
To carry out gas servicing and/or gas repairs on a day to day basis in line with the gas servicing programme.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To work individually or as part of a team to undertake high quality plumbing and gas installation and repairs to domestic properties.
- To comply with gas safety standards and company standards of work performance, ensuring implementation and compliance within gas policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with company Health and Safety policies and procedures and undertake a continual programme of Risk Assessment in relation to the role.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate specifications and drawings, including inspection, testing and commissioning.
- Attend training as and when required to continue development in the role and comply with changes within the gas industry.
- Utilise both electronic and paper based systems to accurately record gas documentation including the use of labour and materials against each job.
- Travel efficiently and effectively between various works locations within the borough of Gateshead to meet the operational requirements of the service and as requested.
- To liaise with a diverse range of internal and external customers and colleagues, in order to provide a customer focused/orientated high quality service.
- To mentor apprentices as and when required.
- Continue professional development and undertake any additional corporate or trade training as required.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties, appropriate to the post, other than those given in the job specification.
- Installation and repairs to domestic gas installations and appliances
- Working on plumbing installations including hot/cold water, central heating, sanitary ware and drainage systems
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and regulations
- Experience of and able to work at height, on scaffold and in confined spaces
- Time served/NVQ level 3 or equivalent recognised City and Guilds craft certificate (gas and plumbing)
- Current ACS accreditation in CCN1 and all elements including CENWAT1, CKR1,
HTR1, DAH1, CPA1, MET1
- Full UK driving licence
- Using Mobile Devices in the workplace and use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Various Domestic Gas Appliances and heating systems
- Effective Time Management skills and working to deadlines
- Understanding of equality and diversity legislation
- Renewable energy technologies including Solar PV, Air/Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Solid Fuel Appliances and Repairs
- Warm Air Appliances
- Electrical Live/Dead Testing including safe isolation
- Tenancy and Housing Repairs legislation, including working with leaseholders
- CSCS Health and Safety card
- Asbestos Awareness Certification
- Working at Height certification
- Manual Handling certification
- Customer Care Training
- Manufacturer Training
Knowledge and skills:
- The Gateshead Housing Company
- Working with a diverse range of customers
- Excellent organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Team working
Speaks confidently and fluently. Talks at a suitable pace and level. Holds others’ attention when speaking.
Identifies potential difficulties and their causes. Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
Knows where to find relevant information. Checks facts and data. Retrieves and absorbs information quickly.
Has background knowledge and a thorough grasp of products and services. Has expertise in own area.
Is reliable; follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures. Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
Provides a quality service. Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time.
Puts the customer first and is eager to please them. Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks. Keeps difficulties in perspective.