- Location: Shearlegs Road
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line Manager: Director of Property and Assets
- Car User Status: Casual
- To establish an effective and efficient delivery structure for the Planned and Cyclical Investment Team which provides excellent service delivery and Value for Money
- Lead and manage the team, set objectives, priorities and deadlines, allocate projects and lead the performance management of service delivery.
- Responsibility for the day to day delivery of the following key areas;
- Oversee the operational development and delivery of major investment programmes
- New build projects and other major schemes for clients such as the Council
- Planned and major works
- Compliance and Cyclical works – including gas and electrical programmes
- Customer Service
- Overall responsibility for the service including:
- Working in partnership with the Council’s Asset Management team and oversee the development and delivery of major investment programmes.
- Establishing an effective and efficient delivery structure for the Cyclical and Planned Investment Team which provides excellent service delivery and Value for Money.
- Leading and managing the team, setting objectives, priorities and deadlines, allocating projects and leading the performance management of service delivery.
- In conjunction with the procurement team developing strategies for the efficient and effective procurement of planned investment works and ensuring effective resourcing and mobilisation of supply chains.
- Leading on the delivery of company’s cyclical programmes including gas and electrical testing and other areas of compliance.
- Leading on the planned investment work such as New Build and non-housing work undertaken on behalf of the Council.
- Ensuring that there are effective systems in place to monitor and manage Health and Safety on site and that these are in line with TGHC Policy and Procedures ensuring excellent risk management in these areas.
- Ensuring residents and leaseholders are effectively involved in and consulted about all aspects of delivery of Cyclical, Planned Investment and major repairs programmes including the issue of statutory notifications to leaseholders in a timely manner.
- You will be a member of TGHC’s Senior Management team and be expected to make an active contribution to wider company work to ensure that the organisation is responsive to a changing and challenging external environment and to customer priorities.
- You will implement and positively promote equal opportunities in service delivery and employment practices and you will take responsibility and set an example for the health and safety of yourself and your team.
- You will be customer focused and you will be able to demonstrate how customer involvement and or scrutiny has influenced the team’s work.
- You will be committed to your own personal development and that of your team. You will ensure that employees are recruited, developed, and motivated to work effectively, develop their full potential and contribute to the company’s objectives.
- To regularly report on performance to customers, Board members, management teams, team members and governance bodies.
- Proactively keep an up to date awareness and understanding of relevant policy, good practice and innovation and actively seek out opportunities and partnerships to expand and improve services.
- Perform other reasonable additional duties at the request of the line manager.
- HNC or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline
- Management qualification
- Membership of a construction related professional body
- Health and Safety qualification
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of leading change in a large organisation.
- A track record of effectively leading and developing a diverse team
- A track record of delivering large programmes of planned investment and major repair in dispersed locations
- A demonstrable track record of managing high value, complex contracts to high levels of customer satisfaction on time and within budget.
- A knowledge of the construction industry and including particular new build activity
- A sound understanding of the social housing environment, including regulation and emerging government policy
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- A track record of working in a senior team, developing and delivering corporate work programmes and projects
- Experience of working with and supporting Boards and their Committees
- Working with a diverse range of customers
Deciding and Initiating Action
Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Leading and Supervising
Provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; recruits staff of a high calibre; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching; sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
Adhering to Principles and Values
Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Persuading and Influencing
Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself or others; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage one’s impression on others.
Presenting and Communicating
Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
Writing and Reporting
Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well-structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
Formulating Strategies and Concepts
Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.
Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends; identifies business opportunities for the organisation; maintains awareness of developments in the organisational structure and politics; demonstrates financial awareness; controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.