Location: Civic Centre
Service: Customers & Communities, Rent and Income Service
Line manager: Legal Recovery Manager
Car user status: Casual
To provide administrative and clerical support to the Rent and Income Team, ensuring efficient coordination of duties, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality service to customers, partners and stakeholders.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To provide administrative support for housing possession proceedings and assist in the preparation of court documentation to ensure the timely submission of documents to court.
- To apply for possession hearings online using the courts online PCOL system.
- To provide administrative support to the Rent & Income service.
- Creating and maintaining electronic and paper records
- To arrange and coordinate internal and external meetings.
- To process and handle confidential and sensitive data
- Note- and minute-taking for internal meetings
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- General postal duties
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- 5 GCSEs (at least grade C) including Maths & English or equivalent (or relevant experience)
- Working as part of a team and using own initiative when required
- Providing administration support
- Data input
- Effective negotiation and communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Effective IT skills – including working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Understanding of equality and diversity legislation
- Housing management
- The Court’s PCOL (possession claims online) system
- Working with a diverse range of customers
- Using the Northgate housing system software
Supporting and co-operating
Working with people
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members
- Shows empathy
- Listens, supports and cares for others
- Consults others and shares information and expertise with them
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict
- Adapts to the team and fits in well.
Interacting and presenting
Relating and networking
- Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts
- Uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Analysing and interpreting
Writing and reporting
- Writes convincingly
- Writes clearly, succinctly and correctly
- Avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language
- Writes in a well structured and logical way
- Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
- Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem
- Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
- Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Creating and conceptualising
Learning and researching
- Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly
- Demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information
- Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making
- Encourages an organisational learning approach (ie learns from successes and failures and seeks staff and customer feedback).
Organising and executing
Planning and organising
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Manages time effectively
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals.
Following instructions and procedures
- Follows procedures and policies
- Keeps to schedules
- Arrives punctually for work and meetings
- Demonstrates commitment to the organisation
- Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.