- Location: Gateshead Civic Centre
- Service: Customers and Communities
- Line Manager: Lettings Manager
- Car user status: Casual
To support the Lettings Manager in the overall management of the lettings service.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To ensure conduct and behaviour demonstrates a commitment to the core company values and promotes cross service working to achieve excellent customer service and outcomes
- Ensure compliance with company health and safety policies and procedures
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- Line management of employees within the Lettings Team to ensure a quality, customer-focused service
- Preparation and evaluation of management information on lettings and the furniture leasing scheme. This includes benchmarking data, monthly/quarterly/year-end performance and ICT report building capabilities
- Identifying improvements to service delivery, undertaking monitoring and quality checks and delivering appropriate training where necessary, to ensure effective application of all policies and procedures applied by the lettings service
- Effective management and monitoring of the furniture service to ensure a high standard of customer service and furniture options are provided to customers to encourage sustainable tenancies. This includes liaising with partners to ensure appropriate contracts are in place for delivery of the scheme
- Assisting the Lettings Manager with development of protocols and procedures to administer policy and ensure effective management of the lettings and furniture service
- Working with partners and agencies to support vulnerable customers, including homeless cases and those with medical needs
- Such other responsibilities which are appropriate to the grade of the post
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Providing statistical information, data analysis and performance reporting
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above (including Maths and English), or relevant demonstrable experience
- Evidence of continual professional development and a willingness to undertake any additional corporate or trade training as required
- Using and interrogating various ICT packages, including Microsoft Office
- ICT report writing skills
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity, and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace
- Working in social housing management
- Working in a lettings service
- Developing service improvements
- Furniture leasing scheme
- Supervising/managing a team
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Housing or related professional qualification
- Abritas and Northgate housing systems, including building reports
- Lettings policies and housing legislation
Deciding and Initiating Action
Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and
works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces
changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include
tough choices or considered risks.
Leading and Supervising
Provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others;
recruits staff of a high calibre; provides staff with development opportunities
and coaching; sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
Relating and Networking
Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff; relates well to
people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses
humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Applying Expertise and Technology
Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise; uses technology to
achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical
and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an
understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them
into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further
information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational
judgement from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an
understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Planning and Organising
Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance
and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and
organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively;
monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Adapting and Responding to change
Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas
and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or
situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised
environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations;
handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life
and a personal life.