- Location: Gateshead Civic Centre
- Service: Customers and Communities
- Line Manager: Lettings Manager
- Car User Status: Casual
To support the Lettings Manager in the overall management of the Lettings service.
The key roles of this post will include:
1. Line management of employees within the Lettings Team to ensure a quality, customer focused service and effective application of all lettings policies applied by The Gateshead Housing Company.
2. Ensuring timely advertising and allocation of properties to minimise void relet times and make sure policy is applied appropriately in relation to property allocation.
3. Preparation and evaluation of management information on lettings and demand for properties from the Housing Register. This includes bench marking data, monthly/quarterly/year end performance and ICT report building capabilities.
4. Identifying improvements to business monitoring and performance management and implementing streamlined reporting mechanisms.
5. Liaison with other services and partners on lettings activity including local lettings plans and marketing to ensure best use of housing stock.
6. Effective administration and monitoring of the furniture service to ensure a high standard of customer service and furniture options are provided to customers to encourage sustainable tenancies.
7. Carrying out audits on all lettings functions to ensure properties are let in accordance with policy, co-ordinate and facilitate direct lets, and associated monitoring and analysis.
8. Assisting the Lettings Manager with development of protocols and procedures to administer policy and ensure effective management of the Lettings service.
9. Working with partners and agencies to support vulnerable customers including homeless cases and those with medical needs.
10. To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
11. Such other responsibilities which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Working in social housing management
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Providing statistical information, data analysis and performance reporting
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent relevant experience
- Using and interrogating various ICT packages including Microsoft Office
- ICT report writing skills
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- Working in a Lettings service
- Developing service improvements
- Furniture leasing scheme
- Supervising/managing a team
- Housing or related professional qualification
- Abritas and Northgate housing systems including building reports
- Lettings policies and housing legislation
- Working with a diverse range of customers
Deciding and initiating action
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Takes initiative and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes
- Makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Leading and supervising
- Provides others with a clear direction
- Motivates and empowers others
- Recruits staff of a high calibre; provides staff with development opportunities
- Sets appropriate standards of behaviour.
Relating and networking
- Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts
- Uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Applying expertise and technology
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise
- Uses technology to achieve work objectives
- Develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development
- Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem
- Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
- Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Planning and organising
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Manages time effectively
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Adapting and responding to change
- Adapts to changing circumstances
- Tolerates ambiguity
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Shows an interest in new experiences.
Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Maintains a positive outlook at work
- Works productively in a pressurised environment
- Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations
- Handles criticism well and learns from it
- Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.