- Location: As directed
- Service: Customers and Communities (Neighbourhood Services)
- Line Manager: Customer Service Officer
- Car User Status: Casual
To deliver a customer focused service and provide administrative support as part of a Neighbourhood Services Team working to support tenants, and sustain both tenancies and neighbourhoods.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To be a key point of contact for customers responding to enquiries across a range of company and council services in line with service standards.
- To accurately process and reconcile income in line with the company’s financial guidelines and regulations.
- To accurately store, access and maintain electronic and manual records, ensuring information held is correct and processed in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- To work with customers seeking rehousing, providing advice on housing options.
- To carry out interviews with customers and assist with home visits when required.
- To encourage customers to access online services and promote digital inclusion.
- To achieve performance targets agreed at appraisal and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and value for money.
- To always promote and implement the company’s Equality Policy.
- To maintain a healthy, safe and secure environment complying with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Delivering customer focused services
- Communicating clearly face to face and by other methods
- Problem solving and negotiating
- Organisational skills
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above (including Maths and English) or relevant experience
- Effective ICT skills – including working knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace
- Working effectively in partnership with other services, both internal and external
- Reconciliation of income
- Current housing and social care issues
- Council services provided to neighbourhoods
- Cross tenure working
Relating to customers
- Quickly builds rapport and easily establishes relationships with customers
- Relates well to different types of customer; listens and gets on with them
- Speaks confidently and fluently
- Talks at a suitable pace and level
- Holds others’ attention when speaking
Communicating in writing
- Writes fluently, clearly and concisely
- Adapts own written communication style to suit others
- Fits in with the team
- Develops effective and supporting relationships with colleagues
- Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit
- Works flexibly to meet team and company objectives
- Identifies potential difficulties and their causes
- Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements
- Identifies value for money suggestions and actions
- Organises own time effectively and creates own work schedules
- Prioritises and prepares in advance
- Sets realistic time-scales
- Puts the customer first and is eager to please them
- Works effectively to meet customer needs and looks after their interests
- Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure
- Reacts well to change
- Stays positive despite setbacks
- Keeps difficulties in perspective
- Takes responsibility for own actions