- Location: Shearlegs Road
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line manager: Head of Performance and Service Improvement
- Car user status: Casual
To work with customers and partners, and alongside the Operational Repairs Delivery Manager to provide an outstanding customer focused repairs service while ensuring the client perspective is considered and embedded.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To lead, motivate, manage and develop teams and resources with a focus on providing excellence in service delivery, performance, maximising productivity while ensuring a value for money, customer focused repairs service. Embrace best practice, innovation, continuous improvement and meets regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Lead on day to day management of responsive and planned repairs including the scheduling of the works, working closely with the Operational Repairs Delivery Manager to identify and resolve issues around service delivery and the resulting performance.
- Deliver repair services that focus on being right first time in order to maximise customer satisfaction and value for money.
- Oversee and proactively manage budgets to make best use of funds available while making value for money decisions.
- Supported by the customer care team, ensure that complaints and enquiries from tenants (and from MPs, Councillors and other agencies on behalf of tenants) are investigated and responded to in a positive, fair, and helpful manner.
- Ensure accuracy in repair diagnosis by the provision of appropriate systems, training, and guidance to the repair reporting service.
- Ensure all aspects of the Repairs Policy and standards are understood by employees across the organisation, stakeholders and external service providers in order to ensure high quality customer service.
- Work directly with customer groups and partners to develop and deliver service improvements, supported by Business Quality Manager. Within the service, lead on the development and delivery of plans and services that contribute to improved social, economic, environmental, and health outcomes.
- Develop and maintain ICT systems to effectively manage the service and reduce defects following repairs.
- Co-ordinate information and respond to legal challenges effectively including the co-ordination of responses to freedom of information requests or similar.
- Liaise with asset and investment team(s) to ensure that the investment needs of the property stock are known and prioritised and that potential solutions to repair issues inform development of capital programmes.
- Liaise with Housing Management and associated service areas to deliver effective joint working.
- Manage property inspection services that are customers focused and support the delivery of a quality, cost effective and timely repair service.
- Regularly report on the service and its performance to customers, management teams and team members.
- Be aware of relevant Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and current legislation and apply this knowledge in day to day activities.
- Perform other reasonable additional duties at the request of the line manager including attending meetings outside of normal office hours.
- Effective team working and communication
- Effective employee and team management including recruitment and absence management
- Experience of repair service delivery and/or repair contract management
- Experience of developing and delivering service improvements with customer involvement
- Experience of managing and delivering projects
- Professional qualification of the Chartered Institute of Housing / Degree or equivalent in building surveying or building maintenance / or relevant experience
- Full driving licence or access to a vehicle
Knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of repair ICT systems, development and training
- A thorough understanding of best practice and delivery of value for money
- Effective performance monitoring and management of the service to achieve performance targets and service standards
- Budget monitoring and management
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- Dealing with preparation and representation on legal cases to mitigate risk on the company
- Preparing timely and accurate reports on the service and its performance activity which focus on delivery improvements and outcomes for customers
- Experience of delivering organisational objectives
Deciding and initiating action
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Takes initiative and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes
- Makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Working with people
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members
- Shows empathy
- Listens, supports and cares for others
- Consults others and shares information and expertise with them
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict
- Adapts to the team and fits in well.
Persuading and influencing
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others
- Promotes ideas on behalf of oneself or others
- Makes a strong personal impact on others
- Takes care to manage one’s impression on others
Writing and reporting
- Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly
- Avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well structured
and logical way
- Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
Planning and organising
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Manages time effectively
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals
Adapting and responding to change
- Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Shows an interest in new experiences.
Achieving personal work goals and objectives
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
- Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary
- Seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence
- Identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.