Grade – SCP 17-20
- Location: Shearlegs Road or site based
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line manager: Line Supervisor
- Car user status: Not applicable
To undertake roofing work covering repairs, refurbishment and upgrades to a range of housing and other Council properties.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To ensure conduct and behaviour demonstrates a commitment to the core company values and promotes cross service working to achieve excellent customer service and outcomes
- Ensure implementation and compliance with company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- To work individually or as part of a team undertake high quality roofing repairs to housing properties.
- To undertake refurbishment works in association with other trades.
- To liaise with customers and sub–contractors to provide a responsive service to our customers.
- To undertake a continual program of Risk Assessment in relation to your role
- Utilise both electronic and paper based systems to accurately record use of labour and materials against each job.
- Travel efficiently and effectively between various works locations within the borough of Gateshead meet the operational requirements of the Service.
- Continue professional development and undertake any additional corporate or trade training as required.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties, appropriate to the post, other than those given in the job specification.
- Experience all aspects of roofing work
- Experience in repairs, maintenance and diagnostic
- Experience of working on flat and pitch roofing
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures, asbestos, work at height and manual handling.
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent recognised City and Guilds craft certificate (Roofing) or relevant demonstratable roofing experience
- Evidence of continual professional development and a willingness to undertake any additional corporate or trade training as required
- Full Driving Licence or ability to meet the transport requirements of the role
- CSCS card holder
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
Speaks confidently and fluently. Talks at a suitable pace and level. Holds others’ attention when speaking.
Identifies potential difficulties and their causes. Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
Knows where to find relevant information. Checks facts and data. Retrieves and absorbs information quickly.
Has background knowledge and a thorough grasp of products and services. Has expertise in own area.
Is reliable; follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures. Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
Provides a quality service. Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time.
Puts the customer first and is eager to please them. Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks. Keeps difficulties in perspective.