- Location: West Acres/Pleasant Place
- Service: Housing Management
- Line Manager: Older Persons Housing Officer
- Car user status: N/A
To support people living in sheltered accommodation in Gateshead to live independently.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To ensure conduct and behaviour demonstrates a commitment to the core company values and promotes cross service working to achieve excellent customer service and outcomes
- To be proactive in all aspects of health & safety management to comply with current legislation, including CDM regulations; promote a culture of good health and safety practice within the working environment, ensuring personal responsibilities to yourself and others are discharged in line with company policies and procedures
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- To actively participate in the evaluation, development and continuous improvement of the service, keeping up to date with policies and procedures and participating in meetings and training as necessary
- To work as part of a team collaborating and sharing knowledge openly to enhance service delivery, ensuring both individual and team objectives are met
- To promote the health and wellbeing of customers through the support planning and risk assessment process
- To maintain accurate information and administration systems for customers ensuring relevant documentation, as directed, is produced for performance management
- To call and respond to emergencies on site and carry out home visits
- To help co-ordinate and develop social activities and services on site to encourage active participation by tenants
- To ensure that records and equipment are checked and updated as directed
- To work in partnership with Gateshead Council’s Care Call team and other agencies in the provision of quality older persons housing services
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Working with competing priorities, meeting targets and deadlines
- Working in a customer service environment
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above (including Maths and English) or relevant demonstrable experience
- Evidence of continual professional development and a willingness to undertake additional training as required
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to manage emergency/emotionally challenging situations
- Working knowledge of ICT systems, including Microsoft Office-based software packages
- Housing and social care issues
- Safeguarding procedures
- Health and safety procedures
- A good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within a work environment
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Competencies relating to this post
Deciding and initiating action
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Takes initiative and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes
- Makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Working with people
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members
- Shows empathy
- Listens, supports and cares for others
- Consults others and shares information and expertise with them
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict
- Adapts to the team and fits in well.
Adhering to principles and values
- Upholds ethics and values
- Demonstrates integrity
- Promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams
- Encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Relating and networking
- Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts
- Uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Planning and organising
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Manages time effectively
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals.
Following instructions and procedures
- Not challenging authority
- Follows procedures and policies
- Keeps to schedules
- Arrives punctually for work and meetings
- Demonstrates commitment to the organisation
- Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
Adapting and responding to change
- Adapts to changing circumstances
- Tolerates ambiguity
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Shows an interest in new experiences.