- Location: Southwood, Rowlands Gill
- Service: Housing Management
- Line Manager: Older Persons Housing Officer
- Car user status: N/A
To support people living in sheltered accommodation in Gateshead to live independently.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Promote the health and wellbeing of customers through the support planning and risk assessment process.
- To ensure that sheltered schemes are kept safe and secure by adhering to health and safety procedures.
- Maintaining accurate information and administration systems for customers ensuring relevant documentation as directed is produced for performance management.
- To call and respond to emergencies on site and carry out home visits.
- To help co-ordinate and develop social activities and services on site to encourage active participation by tenants.
- To ensure that records and equipment are checked and updated as directed.
- To work in partnership with Gateshead Council’s CareCall team and other agencies in the provision of quality older persons housing services.
- To actively participate in the evaluation, development and continuous improvement of the service, keeping up to date with policies and procedures and taking part in meetings as necessary to ensure the scheme continues to meet changing needs and challenges.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above (including Maths and English) or relevant experience.
- Good organisational skills
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Dealing with potentially difficult situations
- Working with competing priorities, meeting targets and deadlines
- Experience of working in a customer services environment
- Housing and Social Care issues
- Safeguarding procedures
- Health and safety procedures
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- Working with a diverse range of customers
Leading and deciding
Deciding and initiating action
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Takes initiative and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes
- Makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Working with people
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members
- Shows empathy
- Listens, supports and cares for others
- Consults others and shares information and expertise with them
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict
- Adapts to the team and fits in well.
Adhering to principles and values
- Upholds ethics and values
- Demonstrates integrity
- Promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams
- Encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Relating and networking
- Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts
- Uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
Planning and organising
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Manages time effectively
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals.
Following instructions and procedures
- Not challenging authority
- Follows procedures and policies
- Keeps to schedules
- Arrives punctually for work and meetings
- Demonstrates commitment to the organisation
- Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
Adapting and responding to change
- Adapts to changing circumstances
- Tolerates ambiguity
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Shows an interest in new experiences.