- Location: Shearlegs Road Depot
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line Manager: Project Manager / Service Manager
- Car user status: Casual
Key responsibilities of the postholder:
- To ensure conduct and behaviour demonstrates a commitment to the core company values and promotes cross service working to achieve excellent customer service and outcomes
- To support, coach and develop team members in line with company policies and procedures to maximise their full potential, ensuring both personal and organisational objectives are met
- To be proactive in all aspects of health & safety management to comply with current legislation, including CDM Regulations, promote a culture of good health and safety practice within the working environment, ensuring personal responsibilities to yourself and others are discharged in line with company policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse, and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers, colleagues and business partners
- To effectively coordinate and supervise resources engaged in the delivery of construction projects.
- To monitor and manage subcontractor performance
- To assist in the preparation of programmes for construction projects in order to achieve targets.
- To monitor and manage progress of projects against programme to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within specification and budget and to the Client’s satisfaction.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate specifications (including tests such as material sampling).
- To deliver quality services with an appropriate framework (e.g. Best Value, Q.A.) to increase customer satisfaction.
- Oversee and proactively monitor budgets to make best use of funds available while making value for money decisions
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Supervision of construction activities.
- Health & Safety regulations, including CDM Regulations.
- Dealing with employees / sub-contractors on site.
- IT literate including word, excel, outlook
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Time Served Trade NVQ Level 3 in a construction related subject (or have equivalent construction related experience working as part of a construction delivery team).
- Willingness to work towards a management development qualification i.e. NVQ level 4 Site Supervision, ILM level 3 in leadership and Management or equivalent
- SMSTS Health and Safety qualification or a willingness to work towards
- Full Driving Licence or ability to meet the transport requirements of the role
- Principles of Construction.
- Building Regulations
- Budget monitoring
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace
- Design and build
- Contract Management
- HNC or equivalent qualification in a construction related subject.
- 3 Day First Aid Qualified
- Scaffold Inspection
- Asbestos Awareness
- Relevant professional/managerial qualification.
- Financial control
- Contract administration
- Local Government policies & procedures
- Project management
- Programming – sequence and critical path activities.
- Working with a diverse range of customer
|Deciding and Initiating Action Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.|
|Working with People Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.|
|Writing and Reporting Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.|
|Planning and Organising Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones. Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals. Following Instructions and Procedures Not challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.|
|Coping with Pressures and Setbacks Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.|
|Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.|