- Location: Gateshead Civic Centre
- Service: Customers & Communities
- Line Manager: Supported Housing Manager
- Car User Status: Casual
To work within the supported housing team, who support vulnerable people within Gateshead.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Initial point of contact for all referrals to housing services.
- Ensure referrals are signposted to the appropriate service to ensure an effective and timely response from the service.
- Carrying out appropriate admin duties such as minute taking and raising invoices.
- To provide office cover and deal with incoming queries for the different sections.
- Update the Supported Housing spreadsheet, ensuring the system is working to meet the needs of the service compiling data when required.
- Process referrals for the Supported Housing Portal, answering queries received where appropriate and liaising with providers to collate data in order to update the records.
- Directly contact service users and partner agencies in order to complete the evaluation forms, and feedback any issues raised.
- Streamline admin and file management procedures, ensuring effective and efficient processes are in place. Preparing Files and documentation for support visits.
- Co-ordinating and organising key events and meetings for the service and provide assistance to promote the service.
- Any such other responsibilities allocated, which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Managing your own workload
- Prioritising your own workload
- Working within an administrative environment
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Experience of working with a diverse range of people.
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above or relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel and databases.
- Previous experience of working within a housing or support related field
- Experience of working within a multi-agency framework.
Interacting and communicating
Relating and networking
- Easily establishes good relationships with customers and staff
- Relates well to people at all levels
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts
- Uses humour appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
- Speaks fluently
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly
Supporting and co-operating
Working with people
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members
- Shows empathy
- Listens, supports and cares for others
- Consults others and shares information and expertise with them
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict
- Adapts to the team and fits in well.
Adhering to principles and values
- Upholds ethics and values
- Demonstrates integrity
- Promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams
- Encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
Adapting and coping
Adapting and responding to change
- Adapts to changing circumstances
- Tolerates ambiguity
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Shows an interest in new experiences.
Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Maintains a positive outlook at work
- Works productively in a pressurised environment
- Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations
- Handles criticism well and learns from it
- Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.
Enterprising and performing
Achieving personal work goals and objectives
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
- Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary
- Seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence
- Identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities
Organising and executing
Planning and organising
- Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Manages time effectively
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals.
Following instructions and procedure
- Not challenging authority
- Follows procedures and policies
- Keeps to schedules
- Arrives punctually for work and meetings
- Demonstrates commitment to the organisation
- Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.