- Location: Various locations across Gateshead
- Service: Customers and Communities
- Line Manager: Senior Housing and Support Outreach worker
- Car user status: n/a
To provide cover between the hours of 17:00 and 07:00, Monday to Friday, and weekend cover with sleep-ins, as specified by the senior housing and support outreach worker for small blocks of flats occupied by people with a mild/moderate learning disability. To maintain the building as a safe and secure environment and to act as a point of contact for tenants.
The key roles of this post will be:
- To ensure conduct and behaviour demonstrates a commitment to the core company values and promotes cross service working to achieve excellent customer service and outcomes
- To be proactive in all aspects of health & safety management to comply with current legislation; promote a culture of good health and safety practice within the working environment, ensuring personal responsibilities to yourself and others are discharged in line with company policies and procedures
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- To actively participate in the evaluation, development and continuous improvement of the service, keeping up to date with policies and procedures and participating in meetings and training as necessary
- To work as part of a team collaborating and sharing knowledge openly to enhance service delivery, ensuring both individual and team objectives are met
- To provide overnight sleep in cover as required by the service, maintaining the safety and security of the building
- To supervise and monitor building access and exit activity
- To ensure the security of the building by monitoring CCTV and patrolling at regular intervals
- To carry out cleaning duties in the office and communal areas and assist with refuse collection
- To identify defects in relation to weekly/monthly building checks and report these promptly
- To report out of hours emergency maintenance defects to the repairs hotline
- To maintain full and accurate log of event’s during the shift; complete verbal/written handovers
- To act as first point of contact in an emergency situation within the service and take appropriate action i.e. contacting the emergency services and informing relevant professionals
- To provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively with tenants, visitors, healthcare professionals, emergency services and contractors
- To operate within clear professional boundaries and company code of conduct
- To act as a point of contact for tenants
- To work flexibly on a rota, including weekends and public holidays
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as directed by the line manager
- Delivering good customer service
- Working alone with minimal supervision and using own initiative
- Maintaining accurate records/logs
- Effective communication skills
- Basic understanding of safeguarding
- Liaising with internal and external agencies
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above (including Maths and English), or relevant demonstrable experience
- Evidence of continual professional development and a willingness to undertake additional training as required
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace
- Working with vulnerable people
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Office based software packages
- CCTV operation
Speaks confidently and fluently. Talks at a suitable pace and level. Holds others’ attention when speaking.
Fits in with the team. Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues; is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit
Identifies potential difficulties and their causes. Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
Is reliable; follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures. Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
Puts the customer first and is eager to please them. Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
Takes responsibility for own actions.