Grade H (subject to job evaluation)
- Location: Shearlegs Road Depot
- Service: Property and Assets
- Line manager: Project Manager
- Car user status: Casual
The key roles of this post will include:
- To ensure conduct and behaviour demonstrates a commitment to the core company values and promotes cross service working to achieve an excellent customer service and outcomes
- To support, coach and develop team members in line with company policies and procedures to maximise their full potential, ensuring both personal and organisational objectives are met
- To be proactive in all aspects of health & safety management to comply with current legislation, including CDM Regulations, promote a culture of good health and safety practice within the working environment, ensuring personal responsibilities to yourself and others are discharged in line with company policies and procedures
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse, and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues
- To effectively coordinate and supervise resources engaged in the delivery of cyclical delivery programme activities and/or capital M&E schemes
- To sign and complete test sheets by being a NICIEC qualified supervisor
- To monitor and manage subcontractor performance
- To assist in the preparation of programmes for construction activities in order to achieve targets
- To monitor and manage progress of works against programs to ensure that all works are delivered on time, within specification and budget and to the client’s satisfaction
- To ensure compliance with appropriate specifications (including tests such as material sampling)
- To deliver quality services with an appropriate framework (e.g. Best Value, Q.A.) to increase customer satisfaction
- To oversee and proactively manage budgets to make best use of funds available while making value for money decisions
- Such other responsibilities allocated appropriate to the grade of the post.
- In the principles of construction, with either extensive relevant on-site managerial or technical work experience
- Supervision of electrical or mechanical works
- Health & safety regulations, including CDM Regulations
- Managing employees/sub-contractors on site
- IT literate including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Time served trade NVQ Level 3 in a construction, electrical, mechanical or related subject (or have equivalent demonstrable construction related experience and qualifications)
- Full Driving Licence or ability to meet the transport requirements of the role
- City & Guilds Inspection and Testing 2391 or equivalent.
- Principles of construction
- Building regulations, in relation to electrical, mechanical or cyclical works
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Budget monitoring
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of equality and diversity and the ability to evidence how this would be displayed within the workplace.
- Financial control
- Contract administration
- NICIEC qualified supervisor
- Local government policies and procedures
- Project management
- Programming – sequence and critical path activities
- Working as part of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- HNC or equivalent qualification in a construction related subject
- 3 day first aid qualified
- Scaffold inspection
- Asbestos awareness
- Relevant professional/managerial qualification
- Design and build
- Contract management
Deciding and initiating action
Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Working with people
Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Writing and reporting
Writes convincingly; writes clearly, succinctly and correctly; avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language; writes in a well structured and logical way; structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience.
Planning and organising
Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Following instructions and procedures
Not challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
Coping with pressures and setbacks
Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.