- Location: Shearlegs Road
- Service: Property and Assets,
- Line Manager: Supplies Officer
- Car user status: Not Applicable
To undertake technical and administrative support to the Materials Supply Team within Property & Assets.
The key roles of this post will include:
- To provide technical support to the materials supply service.
- To provide and maintain regular reports for all activities carried out by the section.
- To analyse stock consumption and identify trends on vans and within stores.
- To work closely with operational management to ensure correct processes are followed relating to materials consumption.
- To carry out stock takes as and when required.
- To investigate and provide financial and other technical information to relevant stakeholders.
- To attend all relevant departmental, corporate and external meetings and training.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Such other responsibilities which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Supply of Materials
- Working with external suppliers.
Skills & Knowledge
- Warehouse processes
- Stock control systems
- Effective Communication skills
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent relevant experience
Skills & Knowledge
- Report writing
- Imprest van stocks
- Materials management specific software, currently Northgate Housing
- Working in a Construction environment
- Working with a diverse range of customers.
- IT Qualification.
Deciding and Initiating Action
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Takes initiative and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes
- Makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Working with People
- Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members
- Shows empathy
- Listens, supports and cares for others
- Consults others and shares information and expertise with them
- Builds team spirit and reconciles conflict
- Adapts to the team and fits in well.
Applying Expertise and Technology
- Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise
- Uses technology to achieve work objectives
- Develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development
- Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem
- Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
- Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
Creating and Innovating
- Produces new ideas, approaches, or insights
- Creates innovative products or designs
- Produces a range of solutions to problems.
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way
- Consistently achieves project goals.
Adapting and Responding to Change
- Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity
- Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
- Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations
- Shows an interest in new experiences.
Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends
- Identifies business opportunities for the organisation
- Maintains awareness of developments in the organisational structure and politics
- Demonstrates financial awareness
- Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.