- Location: As directed
- Service: Customers and Communities
- Line Manager: Senior Housing Options Officer
- Car user status: Casual
The day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of homeless temporary accommodation.
The key roles of this post will include:
- Working in partnership with service users and other agencies to provide a quality service.
- You will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the properties for arriving refugee families.
- Carry out basic maintenance putting up furniture packs, curtain poles, blinds etc.
- Provide advice and support to families on how to manage their property and the role of TGHC as their landlord.
- To actively participate in the evaluation, development and continuous improvement of the scheme. Keeping up to date with policies and procedures and participating in meetings and training as necessary.
- To maintain accurate records and accessibility of information for the service.
- To carry out basic maintenance tasks in regarding the accommodation.
- To demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- To work alongside the temporary accommodation warden team and assist when necessary.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of post.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- To be able to demonstrate an understanding of what equality and diversity means in the workplace
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Maths and English or relevant experience
- Full valid driving licence
- Demonstrate the ability to organise your own workload
- Moving and handling competence
- Basic First Aid
- Working with a diverse range of customers
- Health and safety record
- Computer literate
- Previous experience in housing or social care
- Working with vulnerable people
Competencies relating to this post
Relating to Customers
- Quickly builds rapport and easily establishes relationships with customers
- Relates well to different types of customer; listens and gets on with them.
- Fits in with the team
- Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues
- Is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit.
- Identifies potential difficulties and their causes
- Generates workable solutions and makes rational judgements.
- Provides a quality service
- Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time.
- Organises own time effectively and creates own work schedules
- Prioritises and prepares in advance
- Sets realistic timescales.
- Is reliable; follows directions from supervisors and respects policies and procedures
- Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
- Puts the customer first and is eager to please them
- Works hard to meet customer needs and looks after their interests.
- Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure
- Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks
- Keeps difficulties in perspective.