- Job title: Clerical Assistant
- Service area: Lettings
- Job ref: TGHC650
- Grade: Grade D £18,795 – £19,171 per annum (SCP 5-6). Full time – 37 hours per week. Temporary until 31 March 2020.
- Applicable to: External vacancy
- Closing date: Midnight on Sunday, 26 May 2019.
An opportunity has arisen in the Lettings Team for the role of Clerical Assistant.
We are seeking to appoint a Clerical Assistant to provide an administrative service to the Lettings team. You will be based at the company’s head office.
The role will involve registering and updating housing and medical applications to ensure customers have the correct level of award and are eligible to access social housing. You will liaise with various departments and organisations to access customer information such as references to ensure applications are processed correctly. The role also involves providing advice to customers about their housing application; this may be face to face, over the telephone, via post or electronic methods such as email and online messages.
The successful applicant will provide general clerical and administrative support to the lettings team. You will also assist in the monitoring and management of the furniture leasing scheme to ensure a high standard of customer service is provided.
Effective communication skills and the ability to deliver excellent customer service, whilst dealing with enquiries in a professional, caring and helpful manner are essential qualities of the successful applicant. Previous experience of data input would be an advantage.
Experience of computerised systems including Outlook, Word and Excel are essential whilst knowledge of Northgate and Abritas would be preferable.
You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above including Maths and English and relevant office experience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member with a positive ‘can do’ attitude; previous experience is not necessary as full training will be given.
To progress to the next stage it is important that you demonstrate in your application how you meet the essential criteria: applications will not be considered if they do not fulfil all essential criteria.
Please note: when referring to Equality and Diversity we are looking for an understanding of customer needs rather than legal frameworks.
For an informal discussion please email Martin Hedley, Team Leader, Health and Housing or call 0191 433 5322.
You should consider the job profile when applying, giving examples of how you meet the criteria.
What to do next?
- Read the job profile of this role.
- Consider the essential and desirable criteria for this role.
- Ensure you meet all the essential criteria before applying.
- Complete our online application ensuring you provide evidence within the body of your application that you meet the essential criteria, giving examples where appropriate.
- Applicants who do not evidence that they meet the essential criteria will not be shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Complete the online confidential form.
- If you prefer you can download printable application and confidential forms. You must complete both forms for your application to be considered.
- Assessments will be by application, online assessment and interview for this vacancy.
Applications are to be returned by email or post no later than midnight on Sunday, 26 May 2019, to:
Human Resources Team
The Gateshead Housing Company
The Gateshead Housing Company does not accept CVs.
If you need any further advice email the Human Resources Team or call ext 5333.
Why you will love working for us
We know that we can’t achieve our vision without the right team of people.
We expect our employees to work in partnership with colleagues, and to apply their skills effectively with commitment and enthusiasm. In return we do our best to make sure they are happy in their work by listening to their ideas and making them feel welcome.
Because we work in partnership with Gateshead Council, we can offer you all the benefits of working for a large organisation as well as the intimacy of working for a small, independent team.
You will be able to take advantage of:
- Our Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational health
- Appropriate training courses
- A work life balance policy
- Flexitime scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
The Gateshead Housing Company is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates of any age, disability, marital status, race or sex.
The Gateshead Housing Company is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.