- Job title: Concierge
- Service area: Customers and Communities
- Job ref: TGHC670
- Grade: Grade C £18,426 per annum pro rata (SCP 4). 3 x part time – 20 hours per week. Permanent.
- Applicable to: External vacancy
- Closing date: Midnight on Sunday, 21 July 2019.
The Gateshead Housing Company does not accept CVs.
The Gateshead Housing Company is a non-profit organisation responsible for the day-to-day management of nearly 20,000 homes.
We aim to provide excellent and efficient services to create homes and neighbourhoods that meet the aspirations of the people of Gateshead.
We employ over 800 people and involve our customers in making our services better.
Applicants are invited to join a small Concierge team who provide services to small blocks of flats for tenants with mild to moderate learning disabilities in Gateshead. You will play a key role in maintaining a safe and secure environment for these tenants. The service is delivered seven days a week and Concierge work on a variable shift pattern which includes weekend work and overnight sleep in cover Monday to Sundays. You will be required to work flexibly on a rota. Enhancements will be paid for working sleep ins, weekends and public holidays.
Your main duties will consist of: providing overnight sleep in cover as required by the service, maintaining the safety and security of the building, monitoring CCTV and patrolling at regular intervals, supervising tenant and visitor access to and from the building, acting as a point of contact for the tenants who live there dealing with any queries that they may have, carrying out cleaning duties in the office and communal areas and assisting with refuse collection.
It is an essential requirement of this post that you can communicate effectively and be able to deliver good customer service. Demonstrate experience of maintaining accurate records/logs. Work alone with minimal supervision and use your own initiative to resolve problems. Liaise with internal and external agencies. Demonstrate a basic understanding of safeguarding.
You will be required to have achieved GCSE in Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent or relevant experience.
It would be desirable if you had knowledge of computer software packages i.e. Word/Excel. It would also be desirable if you had experience of using CCTV equipment and monitoring a building.
Training will be provided in all aspects of the job.
If you are interested in this post, please submit an application form detailing how your experience, skills and knowledge meet the essential requirements which are detailed in the job profile.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Sophie Hall or call 0191 433 2581.
You should consider the job profile when applying, giving examples of how you meet the criteria.
What to do next?
- Read the job profile of this role.
- Consider the essential and desirable criteria for this role.
- Ensure you meet all the essential criteria before applying.
- Complete our online application ensuring you provide evidence within the body of your application that you meet the essential criteria, giving examples where appropriate.
- Applicants who do not evidence that they meet the essential criteria will not be shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Complete the online confidential form.
- If you prefer you can download a printable application and confidential forms. You must complete both forms for your application to be considered.
- Assessments will be by application, online assessment and interview for this vacancy.
Applications are to be returned by email or post no later than midnight on Sunday, 21 July 2019, to:
Human Resources Team
The Gateshead Housing Company
If you need any further advice email the Human Resources Team or call 0191 433 5333.
Why you will love working for us
We know that we can’t achieve our vision without the right team of people.
We expect our employees to work in partnership with colleagues, and to apply their skills effectively with commitment and enthusiasm. In return we do our best to make sure they are happy in their work by listening to their ideas and making them feel welcome.
Because we work in partnership with Gateshead Council, we can offer you all the benefits of working for a large organisation as well as the intimacy of working for a small, independent team.
You will be able to take advantage of:
- Our Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational health
- Appropriate training courses
- A work life balance policy
- Flexitime scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
The Gateshead Housing Company is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates of any age, disability, marital status, race or sex.
The Gateshead Housing Company is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.